Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 06 Apr 2024 08:38:07 GMT by OllieGrech
Hi, I'm a higher rate tax payer and am entitled to claim an additional 20% on SIPP contributions. Rather than wait until the end of the year to claim any refund, can I not notify HMRC of my forecast contributions for the year and then have my tax code adjusted accordingly? Or do I always have to wait until the end of the year before confirming any SIPP contributions? Thanks for your help. Ollie
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 15:38:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

You can advise of a better estimate to have your code adjusted but you then must confirm the actual amount paid at the end of the year.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2024 07:11:24 GMT by OllieGrech
Thank you for the response. Is this something I can do on the Gateway as opposed to call HMRC? If so do you have a guide as to how to do this? Thanks Ollie
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 14:43:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
Yes you can on your personal tax account.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2024 06:48:49 GMT by OllieGrech
Thanks, please can you confirm how this is done? Ollie
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 07:14:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi OllieGrech

If you have a personal tax account, you can send an iform to advise of the payments - Personal tax account: sign in or set up

Thank you
Posted Mon, 06 May 2024 08:30:39 GMT by OllieGrech
Thanks for the response. Please can you direct me to the relevant page in the gateway and provide some step-by-step instructions?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 08:08:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi OllieGrech,
Please refer to Personal tax account: sign in or set up
Thank you.

Posted Wed, 15 May 2024 09:49:10 GMT by OllieGrech
Thanks for your response. To be clear I have an account and have logged in. You mention that I need to send an ‘iform ’. Please can you direct me to the specific page within the login to fill in and send the iform. Thanks Ollie
Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 11:26:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi OllieGrech,
For assistance please contact the online helpdesk:
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.