Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 27 Feb 2024 02:34:51 GMT by Loyisox
I stopped working in Dec 2023 to date. I have note received any other income except the income from employer up to Dec 2023. I submitted P50 form online but hot a response that there is no refund due. How is this possible, because when I recalculated tax due vs what was paid as up to Dec 2023, it seems that I should get a refund. Called the number given on the letter received but the agent I spoke to was unable to give me clear reason why I was not due refund. Is it possible that the calculations done by HMRC to determine that no refund is due be shared with the tax payer so that I can understand why there is no refund? Thanks. P.S. no, I am not claiming any other benefits
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 08:23:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You would need to contact our Income Tax team so we can check your record.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 29 Feb 2024 20:06:24 GMT by Loyisox
Thank you for the response. Like I stated, I contacted the Income Tax team, but the agent was unable to give me a clear answer. I asked to get the calculations and reasons used to come to the conclusion that there was no refund due, the agent just said you guys don't send the calculations out to the tax payer, which I found weird. Hence I am trying to get assistance here
Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 12:14:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Loyisox

If no tax refund is due HMRC do not issue a calculation. A calculation is only issued if there is an underpayment of tax or tax refund due. If no refund due when you contact HMRC they would still be able to explain why no refund due. We would need to access your record to explain this. You will need to contact HMRC direct for explanation Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you

Posted Mon, 04 Mar 2024 12:53:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If no tax refund is due HMRC do not issue a calculation. A calculation is only issued if there is an underpayment of tax or tax refund due. If no refund due when you contact HMRC they would still be able to explain why no refund due. We would need to access your record to explain this. You will need to contact HMRC direct for explanation.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 12:43:10 GMT by Dilyana Stoycheva
Hello, I stopped working on 31/07/2023 and have been unemployed ever since, I am also a full-time undergraduate student. I submitted a P50 form online on 03/04/2024, however, it has been 20 days and I have still not received a reply. When should I expect one? And is it possible to speed the process up as I am in need of the money?
Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 09:14:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You will need to contact our Income Tax team to review this. 

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.