Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 01 Apr 2024 18:50:47 GMT by Buster Graham
Hi So I checked my estimated income for next year and it's way lower than what it should be due to a pay rise. Do I need to worry? Will HMRC see the pay rise and adjust the figures accordingly? I was tempted to adjust them myself but not money savvy , plus my pension is through salary sacrifice which I believe affects the figures. I'm getting myself in a panic , last thing I need is a huge tax bill Thanks all
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 13:38:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi

If the estimated income is too low then yes you can amend on your personal tax account Personal tax account: sign in or set up.
If you are unsure what to update you can contact HMRC to review/update your tax code Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 14:18:11 GMT by ts1815
I tried the general enquiries webpage but it did not help so I am asking here. I got a new job (which is my only current job) in January and my estimated income from my this job for tax year 2024-25 is higher than what HMRC have estimated on my online personal tax account. So I went to update my estimated income. It asked me to deduct pension contributions. I pay in to my pension after tax and the 20% relief is automatically added. Should I therefore deduct those pension contributions, or not?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2024 10:08:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If the pension contributions are from your net income then you would not deduct from your estimated income. 

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.