Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2024 12:19:09 GMT by Simo
I immigrated to the UK on a Global Talent Visa and worked for a UK institution from April 6th 2021 to 26th August 2023. For this period I was considered a UK tax resident (my home country has a bilateral agreement) and I was not earning any income other than my UK tax. I have confirmed through the online checker that I do not need to submit a Self Assessment, I was paying tax through PAYE. I left the UK in late 2023. I created a Personal Tax Account to completed a P85. On my Personal Tax Account online, all my ID details are correct. However, when I go to check my National Insurance Contributions, it says I haven't paid any, and PAYE/employment history is completely empty. However, I did have an employer and I paid NIC via PAYE while employed by a UK company. I have p60s to prove this. How do I get this corrected and cleared up. I cannot get hold of anyone on the phone and I am overseas which makes this very difficult.
Posted Thu, 19 Sep 2024 08:19:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi, 
You wil need to write to HMRC with details of the missing National Insurance contributions from your employment, providing names and addresses of your employers, tax years concerned, payroll numbers (if known), copies of P60, P45 or payslips, and your personal details.
The address to write to is:
Individual Caseworker
PT Operations North East England
HM Revenue & Customs
BX9 1AN
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.