Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2023 23:51:11 GMT by
Hello, I'm posting this here as I'm not sure where best to ask. I filed for a tax refund at the beginning of May for the 2022/2023 year and received an update on June 13th that I would receive a cheque for £270.20 within 3 weeks. I have been checking this every other day on my tax account but it has since disappeared and now states that I have repaid the right amount of tax for 2022/2023 and I haven't received a cheque for the tax I am owed back. I still have an image saved of the tax refund confirmation. If anybody could help that would be great, thanks.
Posted Tue, 04 Jul 2023 09:20:52 GMT by
Hi i was sent a cheque out to me in Romania when i left the uk, but i cannot cash it.. do i need to send the cheque back to HMRC asking them to send to my designated person or can i just call and do this over the phone?. as im not to happy to send this back just as a letter incase it gets lost.
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 09:32:00 GMT by
Hello over there , i submited a ppi return a few days ago , but i think i had the wrong address put down where the cheque to be sent , can i update the address or get a new address to be sent on ?
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 15:01:29 GMT by
I have a question. I am currently on holiday in Romania, I would like to know if I will receive a notification in my HMRC account for a refund or if I will receive a cheque. For the moment in my HMRC account it says that my taxes have not been calculated yet and I don't know if it's just a matter of time or if a check has already been sent to the UK address I've been living at. What should I do?
Posted Mon, 10 Jul 2023 07:51:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi James Ashby

If you contact our Income Tax department we can review this. You can find details here Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Mon, 10 Jul 2023 08:19:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Ricky Jukes

If you want us to send a replacement to a nominated person, you need to write to us to provide their details.

You can find out contact details here Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Mon, 10 Jul 2023 08:39:38 GMT by
Hi I posted the cheque back stating my nominated person this needs to be paid, the address i used is this one. HM Revenue and Customs BP8002 Benton Park View Newcastle Upon Tyne NE98 1ZZ United Kingdom. is this correct ? Thanks Regards Rick
Posted Tue, 11 Jul 2023 13:38:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Inhabited Nedelcia,

If you contact our Income Tax team, we can review this.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 11 Jul 2023 14:03:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Karoly,

When the tax year has been reviewed, it will advise online if you are able to claim this refund by bank transfer or if we are sending a cheque.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 14 Jul 2023 13:58:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Ricky Jukes,

If your National Insurance Number was included we will be able to process this. 

Thank you.

Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 07:21:14 GMT by
Hi, HMRC owes my £49.80 and I missed to request my refund online and I'll get a cheque. I wouldn't like te get cheque. Can I request and how to get the money online to my bank?
Posted Mon, 17 Jul 2023 07:28:25 GMT by
Hi Yes my National Insurance Number was included in my letter. i believe you received this Friday 14th July. how long will it take to pass the check on to my nominated person ? Thanks Regards Rick
Posted Wed, 19 Jul 2023 08:58:10 GMT by
My Tax refund cheque has been stolen, i am trying reach the helpline but always busy.
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:03:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Ricky Jukes
It takes up to 6 weeks for a replacement to be issued once we have sent the request to cancel the original cheque.
Thankyou.
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:11:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Evi
If the timescale has passed for the request to be made online we can't stop a cheque being issued as the systems will have already updated.
Thankyou.
Posted Thu, 20 Jul 2023 16:39:36 GMT by
Hi, a refund cheque has been issued but I have changed my address. How do I get a cheque reissued to the update address?
Posted Mon, 24 Jul 2023 17:02:34 GMT by
Hi, On my address I got a cheque but I'm abroad for months. How can I get the money? What solutions are like? Can a nominated person get that? How can I nominate somebody? Where can I find a formal documentation for this aim?
Posted Tue, 25 Jul 2023 13:02:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Ali9,

If you are unable to get through to the helpline you will need to write to us.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 11:21:29 GMT by
Hi, I send a letter asking for the re-issuing of a tax return cheque 3 weeks ago, and if it could be sent to my new address in Switzerland. I have not received any notification so far regarding the state of the process, or if the letter was received. Is there any way to know this information? Thank you
Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 13:29:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi KhanyiT,
You will need to contact our Income Tax team to request a replacement cheque:
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.