Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 22:18:59 GMT by Christian28
Hello, I have a cheque issued on 24 march 2023 can I still deposit it or is it expired? Thanks
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 15:26:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Christian28

No this is now out of date and you will need to send it back and request a new one. if you provide bank details we can send it to yor bank account.
Send it to
HMRC
PAYE & Self  Assessment
BX9 1AS

Thank you
Posted Tue, 16 Jan 2024 22:37:58 GMT by
Hello, After applying for my P800, I recently received notification that I'll be receiving my refund, but it's concerning as HMRC supposedly sent it by post, which I find challenging to receive in my country. Today, I called to inquire why I can't receive the amount directly into my UK bank account instead of a check, which seems unlikely to reach me. My request was based on the positive experiences of other customers who made similar requests and HMRC’s portal. So, why can't I be assisted similarly, especially since I'm overseas, and receiving the amount in my UK bank account would be more convenient? I need assistance.
Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 11:52:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Alexandra,

You would need to contact our Income Tax team to see if the repayment can be made to your UK bank account.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 08 Mar 2024 12:33:15 GMT by siukilaw2 Law
Hi I have received a cheque for Tax refund. However my cheque name is recorded wrong from my employer which is different to my official ID. Can I get my refund in my bank account?
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 08:21:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
You will need to contact HMRC to review and reissue:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 09:30:11 GMT by DDRRSS93
Hello, I need help with a cheque nominee set up. I left the UK and got a communication on the HMRC app that a tax rebate cheque has been issued to my new Spanish address on 12 Feb 2024. The cheque never arrived. I have been calling HMRC for nearly 2 weeks but I cannot get through, at first I waited for hours without getting to an agent, and now lines are closed. I need help to set up a UK nominee to receive the cheque on my behalf. I submitted a complaint hoping to get your attention, support and a resolution. HMRC customers should not have to do that to get help. Looking forward to getting a response and help here.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 10:21:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

You will need to write to us, please include your National Insurance number, your name and your address. You need to include your signature, the date and include the repayment amount and the year the repayment is for. You will need to include the name and address of the nominee to receive the replacement repayment.
The address to send the letter to is:

Pay As You Earn and Self Assessment,
HM Revenue and Customs
BX9 1AS
United Kingdom

The address, if originating from outside the UK is:

HM Revenue & Customs
Benton Park View
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1ZZ
United Kingdom

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 16:36:35 GMT by Patrick
Hey, i received a tax refund cheque that was dated 2 years ago but i am not in the UK at the moment, im in Serbia now but they dont accept cheque is there a way to get it somehow else?
Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 17:28:18 GMT by pratiik
Hi, I submitted P85 in november and I have still not got cheque even after getting it reissued in January. I have following questions 1) If I give UK address of nominee, can the cheque still come in my name and just delivered to nominee who can deposit in my UK account? 2) If not and cheque will come on their name, will they have any tax implication ? what is the procedure for the same ? 3) Wait for P800 and if it can be transferred online on UK bank account?
Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 01:23:42 GMT by Sharonchile
Hello, I have similar situation. My cheque also expired. I do not live in England at the moment, left uk in 2009 , I need help please to get my cheque send to Chile, could you please let me know if I can contact taxes helpline online or email , also i need to find out about my pension in UK ? please advice kindly
Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 10:49:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Patrick,
You can request your cheque be reissued to a nominee with a UK bank account. To allow us to reissue your cheque, contact us by webchat, phone or post, via Income Tax: general enquiries.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 11:43:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi pratiik,
You can request your cheque be reissued to a nominee with a UK bank account. The cheque would come in their name, but it would have no tax implications. To allow us to reissue your cheque, contact us by webchat, phone or post, via Income Tax: general enquiries.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 21 May 2024 17:43:43 GMT by pratiik
Hi , Is there no provision to send cheque on our name at UK forwarding address ?
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 09:36:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Sharonchile,
You can contact us by webchat, phone or post via Income Tax: general enquiries.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 16:08:37 GMT by pratiik
Hi, Just to add to my previous query, I have a UK bank account, would it be possible to re-issue the cheque on my name if I provide a UK forwarding address? if yes, please let me know the process for the same.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 13:54:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

We can reissue your cheque to your UK forwarding address. To allow us to do his, contact us by webchat or phone via:

Contact HMRC

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.