Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:23:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi racheltabe,

We are sorry we would need to review your tax record to review the repayment.

You will need to contact our Income Tax team.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 10:17:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Begona Alcolea Pina,

You would need to contact HMRC to request to cancel and reissue the cheque. You can contact by phone or post details.

Contact HMRC

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 08:45:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Denisa Alexandra Pircalabu,
If you are unable to get through on the helpline to request a replacement cheque you will need to return the cheque with a covering letter to HMRC.
Please write to:
Self Assessment & PAYE, BX9 1AS UK.
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 01 Nov 2023 08:54:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Ajmal Ali,
If you still have not received the cheque you will need to contact HMRC direct to review your record:
Contact HMRC
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2023 12:46:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Leslie Saunders,
If sent several months ago then a replacement repayment should have been issued to you.
If still not received you will need to contact HMRC to review. Contact HMRC
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 03 Nov 2023 12:52:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Charmine Cu,
If from 2019 it will be too late to cash as the cheque will be out of date.
A replacement cheque would need to be issued.
Your father can contact HMRC to review. Contact HMRC
Thank you.
Posted Sat, 11 Nov 2023 17:42:32 GMT by
Hi there, I received an HMRC cheque for tax refund. How can I claim to receive the money by bank trasnfer? Thanks
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:23:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If you have received a cheque then your bank will be able to allocate this to your account as long as the cheque is not over 6 months old. If there is an issue and your bank cannot cash the cheque you would need to contact HMRC for options to reissue. 

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:46:50 GMT by
It is already been quite several days but the cheque has not been received. May I know how can I track the dispatch or ways to contact HMRC as I stay abroad?
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 10:25:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Byakti,
It can take up to 3 weeks for the cheque to arrive and if going to an overseasv address it can take longer.
If this timescale passed you can contact HMRC from abroad on +44 135 535 9022 to review.
Details of how to contact HMRC can be found here:
Thank you. 

Posted Sat, 02 Dec 2023 08:13:30 GMT by Jojo
Hi, have got a cheque that is addressing me as Ms when I'm Mr. can i used it ? kindly advise
Posted Thu, 07 Dec 2023 10:02:39 GMT by
Hello, I received my tax refund cheque, but I missed the six-month deposit deadline at my bank. Can I arrange for a direct cash deposit into my bank account, or should I request a cheque renewal? How should I proceed to claim it? I’m living in Spain at the moment
Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 07:53:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jojo,
Depending on your bank, you may not be able to cash a cheque with an incorrect title.
To allow us to update your title and reissue your cheque, please contact us at:
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 08 Dec 2023 12:28:44 GMT by
HMRC rules (SALF306) state that interest is payable on overpaid tax up until the date 'payment is made'. What is the correct interpretation of 'when payment is made'? Is it the date the cheque was issued, the date it was posted, or the date it was received? I have a large repayment due and a significant time has elapsed between when I was advised the payment was sent. I have still not received it. The interest due at the applicable rate for this time would be over £100.
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:21:01 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
If the cheque is now out of date you will need to contact HMRC to cancel and reissue.
You can contact HMRC at Income Tax: general enquiries
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 10:52:23 GMT by
Hello, I changed my name legally some time ago. HMRC sent me a cheque for tax credits under the old name, which I cannot cash. I'm registered on Gov.co.uk under the correct name, I receive benefits under the correct name etc. How do I go about having the cheque corrected and re-issued?
Posted Tue, 12 Dec 2023 15:58:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi 115804111053 Paterson

For the 22/23 year, interest will not be applied on any repayments until 1st February 2024.

Thank you
Posted Mon, 18 Dec 2023 15:50:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Ryanw Walker,

Please contact our Income Tax team so we can amend and update your name, before reissuing your cheque to you. 

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 12:38:27 GMT by
How can we get new cheques without calling the HMRC hotline? I have called three times and been on hold for over 50 minutes each time and got nowhere. Is there another way such as online, email?
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 12:22:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi rosie cantle,
I'm sorry to hear you've had issues getting through to us by phone.
You can contact us by webchat here:
You can request a reissue of any cheques from there.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.