Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 26 Apr 2024 08:31:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Jonathan,
If the Belgian authorities require a longer period than 3 years, they will need to contact HMRC to request the exact period that they require the information for.
Please contact the Belgian authorities and ask them to request a U002 for the whole period they require. 
Thank you. 

Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 10:59:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi Yuliyan,

Please contact our National Insurance team and they will be able to check if a U1 has been issued to you and arrange for a copy to be sent if necessary.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 07:45:36 GMT by Arnold Szabo
Hello. I applied for U1 form online on 03.30.2024 and the status is completed. I have provided a Hungarian home address. Can you advise when it will be received by post please? Thank you, 

Name removed admin .
Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 15:25:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Arnyy1987,
Unfortunately, we cannot advise when you will receive the U1 through the post, but if you have still not received it may I ask that you call our National Insurance Helpline on 0300 2003500 (from the UK) or +44 191 2037010 (from overseas) they will check the address that we hold for you and send out a copy.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 15:47:13 GMT by Mas87
Hello, Can you please give me a timescale for this to be received? It says “completed” online. I just want to know if this means it’s been sent by post. Is it possible to receive this form by email instead? Thanks
Posted Thu, 06 Jun 2024 14:18:39 GMT by najm
Hello, I submitted a request online for a U1 form on May 6th, 2024. This request was marked as “Completed” on May 8th, 2024, but it was processed with the reason “I have not left the UK,” which was incorrect. Following this, I submitted a paper request by post from France on May 13th, 2024, including additional documents to ensure proper processing. HMRC received this on May 17th, 2024, and it was marked as “In Progress” on the HMRC website. However, when I called HMRC, I was informed that a letter requesting additional information was sent to me in France, which I never received. Last week, I called HMRC daily to get an update, and I was advised to submit a new application online, which I did on Monday. Yesterday, this application was marked as “Completed.” This morning, I called HMRC again for an update and was informed that this application had been closed without a clear reason. I left the UK on May 21st, 2024, and I am uncertain when I will receive the U1 form. My situation is straightforward: I have lived in the UK since January 2018 and worked continuously for the same employer until last month. I have lived at the same address for the past five years. How can we ensure that my application is processed correctly and that I receive a U1 form in a reasonable timeframe? This process has been very confusing, and there are no alternative ways of communicating other than calling every day from abroad at a high cost (with a minimum waiting time on the HMRC line of 40 minutes). Many thanks!

[Personal information removed - Admin]
Posted Fri, 07 Jun 2024 07:41:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Mas87,
I can confirm that your reply would have been sent by post.  
Unfortunately, it is not possible to issue replies by e-mail for security reasons.  
If it’s been a while since our reply has been issued to you then please call our National Insurance Helpline and they will be able to send you a copy.  
Our Helpline telephone numbers can be found in the following link:- National Insurance: general enquiries.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2024 07:38:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi najm,
Unfortunately, without checking your records, I am unable to see what position your application is at.
I would suggest that you contact the National Insurance helpline again and ask them to find out why your latest application was closed, and ask them to make arrangements with the International Caseworker team, for your application to be processed.
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2024 16:01:22 GMT by najm
Dear HMRC Team, Following my previous message over two weeks ago, I have called HMRC 4-5 times a week for an update without success. Despite having all the necessary information, my U1 certificate has not been issued. I raised a complaint earlier this week and was promised contact within 48 hours, but I have yet to hear from anyone. This situation is extremely frustrating, as I am unable to expedite the process. My case is straightforward: I have lived at the same address for five years and worked for the same employer for the last six years. It has been over six weeks since I requested the U1 form, and I fear it will take months to resolve at this rate. The lack of communication options, such as email or a secure mailbox, exacerbates the issue. Letters take weeks to be received and processed, and phone calls to the generic helpline have not been helpful. I urgently seek assistance to resolve this matter. Kind regards,
Posted Tue, 02 Jul 2024 07:24:42 GMT by Thomas Singh
Hey, I'm still awaiting my U1 certificate and I have no news from the HMRC on how long it is going to take? This is putting me in a difficult situation financially as it block my french unemployment pension.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2024 10:00:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Thomas,
If you submitted your application online, the department are currently processing online applications received on 17/06/2024, and you can expect a reply by 14/08/2024.
If you posted your application, the department are currently processing postal applications received on 22/04/2024, and you can expect a reply by 09/10/2024.
Please note, these dates are an estimate and may change. If you sent your application before these dates, you may wish to contact the National Insurance helpline to check if your application has been received.
The number to call is 0300 200 3500, or +44 191 203 7010 if you are calling from abroad.
Lines are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2024 15:03:04 GMT by Maria Martin
Hi, I filled in a form online as I need my U1 certificate for unemployment purposes in my home coutry. This was sent on the 24th of June, and when I log in my account, it says status "completed". What does this mean? Thanks, Maria
Posted Fri, 02 Aug 2024 10:33:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
If you haven’t received a reply to your application, please contact the National Insurance helpline and an advisor will be able to check the position of your application.
The number to ring is +44 (0) 191 2037010, lines are open from Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.
Alternatively, you can use the webchat facility which can be found here - National Insurance: general enquiries Choose the option ‘Ask HMRC online’.
This facility is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
Thank you.

Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 08:42:52 GMT by emlomb
Hi I've requested the U1 form online, on the 25th of July and on my account it still says "Received" I tried calling but the waiting time is more than 30min. Can you please let me know when I will receive the form? I need this urgently and it was supposed to take 15 days. Thanks
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2024 06:54:01 GMT by Rumen Krastanov
Hello, I have requested the U1 form online on 1st August 2024. My account still shows status "Received". Could you please advise me on how long the processing should take and when should I expect the document? Many thanks!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.