Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 13:01:42 GMT by Gloria Leung
I understand that I need to use the "Foreign" pages if I received interest over GBP 2,000 from overseas during the tax year. In this case, do I need to enter the same amount in Box 3 (Untaxed foreign interest (up to GBP 2,000)) under the heading "Income - Interest and dividends from UK banks and building societies" of SA 100 as well? Or simply report the amount in the relevant "Foreign" page of SA 106 is sufficient? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 10:32:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Gloria Leung,
If you do, you will be duplicating your foreign interest in the SA calculation.  
If you have paid any foreign tax on the foreign interest, then it goes in SA106, no matter the amount and not Box 3 of SA100.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.