Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 11 Dec 2023 11:49:59 GMT by Penny T
Hi, there is a question on my self assessment form regarding my pay from previous employer which I am not sure how to answer: 'Pay from [PREVIOUS EMPLOYER NAME] - total from your P45 or P60. Enter the amount before tax taken off'. I left my previous employer in May 2022 and started a new job in May 2022 as well. I don't have a P45, only a P60 dated April 2022. When filling in my self assessment, this amount was already automatically pre-populated as around £X K, whereas in my April 2022 P60 I have completely different amounts in the section in 'this employment:' £YY K as 'Pay' and £Z K as 'Tax Deducted'. The £Z K amount is much closer to the pre-populated amount, whereas the £YY K amount is about 8 times the pre-populated amount. Which amount do I use here? The pre-populated amount £X K, or the £YY K or £Z K amounts from the 2022 P60 form?
Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 16:01:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Penny T,
The pre-populated figues would match the details submitted by your 2 employers for the 2022/23 tax year.
If you have a personal tax account you can view the details submitted by the 2 employers to check.
Personal tax account: sign in or set up
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.