Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 20 Sep 2023 10:32:51 GMT by KY Wong
Hi HMRC, I am registering for SA for tax year 2022 / 23. When I go to my personal tax account, my name is captured wrongly by the system. It should be in the format 'Xyz Abc SURNAME', but the system is showing 'Xyz SURNAME' only. It missed the 'Abc' part which is part of my first name. How can I contact HMRC to correct that? Thanks. Regards, Kelvin
Posted Mon, 25 Sep 2023 15:26:39 GMT by KY Wong
Hi team, any update please? Thanks.
Posted Fri, 29 Sep 2023 14:42:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi KY Wong,
Please contact our Taxes helpline on 0300 200 3300 as we will require to access your tax record to update your name.
Thank you.

Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 15:09:02 GMT by KY Wong
I have tried to call the line but it never goes through. Can I update my name by post? If so, what is the address?
Posted Thu, 12 Oct 2023 07:13:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi KY Wong,

Yes you can update by letter the address is
Self Assessment & PAYE,
BX9 1AS, UK.

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.