I intend to transfer money from my account to my wife’s account in India, which she plans to invest in a fund (based in India). Upon maturity, the principal and profit will be credited to my wife’s bank account, as she is the owner of the fund. However, according to Indian tax laws, since the funds originated from my account, the profits and principal must be reported in my Indian tax return under the "clubbing provisions," making me liable for the taxes. For UK self-assessment purposes (to declare global income) – Please suggest how this will be treated . 1. Report the profit under my wife's name and claim India tax relief ( Dual taxation relief ) as she is the owner of fund and has proceeds of sale : On UK Govt website : Any money you transfer to your wife's bank account that attracts interest after the transfer, is taxable income of your wife and will be taxed based on her circumstances. 2. Report the profit under my name and claim India tax relief ( Dual Taxation releif ). Please advise on the appropriate approach.