Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 13:23:00 GMT by MIZZA B
Hi, I have a simple question - I applied online to register for self assessment, completing SA1 form on 30th April but when I submitted it I did not get any acknowledgement email, nor can I see any record of the application in my online Personal Tax Account. Tried talking to HMRC twice today, once with self assessment team and once with online support, neither of which could tell me whether they have received my application! I was advised to resend the form and so have done so today on 22nd May, but again I did not receive any acknowledgement email, nor can I see any record of it in my Personal Tax account. Feels like I'm going round in circles with this - how do I know if HMRC have received this form and why can't they tell me when I call them ? Seriously frustrating. Thank you :)
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 16:14:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 13 Response

Hi

A successful application would usually generate a receipt of submission. If you did not receive this, you may have made an error when submitting. You usually receive postal confirmation of your new record and UTR 4 weeks after you submit your application - if you do not receive this by the 19th of June, contact us by webchat or phone via Self Assessment: general enquiries  and we can register you.

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.