Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2024 08:57:06 GMT by Tony So
I'm not UK resident and is not living in UK but I purchased a property and rent it out in UK with rental income. My income are outside UK. For self assessment, apart from the SA100 and SA105 forms requiring me to submit, will there be any additional forms needed by HMRC for me to submit?
Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 09:38:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
You also need to complete SA109 residence page and cannot do this online using HMRC software. you will need to purchase 3rd party if you want to file online -
Self Assessment commercial software suppliers
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 18:07:33 GMT by Sau Ying Chiu
Hi, I am a retired resident since October 2022 in UK. I am not entitled to have National Insurance as my age is 69 retired and will not work anymore. During Tax Year 2023-2024, I only earned bank saving interest around £20. The bank told me to do Tax Return by myself. However, I called HMRC asking to send me a Self Assessment Tax Return paper form for year 2023-2024. Unfortunately HMRC failed to help me for I have no National Insurance Reference and Tax reference. Please help me how can I get Self Assessment Tax Return paper form without any National Insurance Ref. and Tax Reference. Thank you very much for your help.
Posted Wed, 03 Jul 2024 22:10:24 GMT by Sau Ying Chiu
Following to my last post, I earned bank saving interest should be £20,000 and not £20. Sorry for my typing error. Thank you.
Posted Mon, 08 Jul 2024 13:23:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
If you are in receipt of foreign income, such as an overseas pension or bank interest, you will need to report this on a self assessment tax return.  If your only source of income world-wide is your UK bank interest, then a tax return is not required.  Please have a look at Check how to register for Self Assessment.  If you still require a self assessment tax return, you can register onine at Register for Self Assessment if you're not self-employed.  If you are unable to register using the online service, you can print and post the form SA1, which can be found at the bottom of the screen.
Posted Tue, 09 Jul 2024 06:27:29 GMT by Sau Ying Chiu
Hi, Thank you for your reply. I received the saving interest income from local U.K. bank. How much of my saving interest income level that I require a tax return ? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 10 Jul 2024 01:35:33 GMT by Tony So
Since I'm not a UK resident and live outside UK, I do not have any NI number and I cannot do the self-assessment online. [details removed]. I already sent the request by post to HMRC requesting for the SA100 on 20th May 2024 with my post reached HMRC on May 29th. However, I did not receive any forms from HMRC at this moment. I tried to call HMRC by long-distance call but it needs me to wait for at least 20 minutes and is wasting my long-distance call fee. I finally need to drop the call. Is there any other method to download the SA100 form? Why HMRC does not provide the SA100 form (similar to SA105 and SA109) that can help people to download and fill in much more easily without delaying in the self assessment submission?
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 12:12:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi Sau Ying Chiu,

You only need to register for Self Assessment if the income from your savings or investments was over £10,000. You can read more here.

Tax on savings interest

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2024 09:47:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Tony So,
I am sorry you have not received the SA100 you requested yet. It may take longer for you to receive the requested forms overseas, but if you would like to request them again, contact us by webchat via:
Self Assessment: general enquiries, or, by calling  +44 161 931 9070. 
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.