Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 22 Dec 2023 15:13:43 GMT by ss4321
Hi team, I am trying to confirm my identity, but I don't have a last name on my passport or residence permit. Without my last name, the page is not allowing me to confirm my identity. I have also tried to enter my first name in my last name, as suggested in one of the HMRC forum's posts but the page throws an error: "The information you gave does not match our records." I have tried raising this issue in the support but unfortunately, the reply doesn't provide any solution. Please find their response "If you only hold one name or your name appears all on one line on your identity documents such as passport, you will not be able to proceed and create an online account. " Please give a solution for the above problem.
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 14:25:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi

Unfortunately, if you do only hold one name, then you may not be able to register for an online account.
We should be able to advise you on alternative ways to do what you were looking to do with your online account, though - just contact us by webchat or phone, via
Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 12:39:09 GMT by
Hi ss4321 I am also experiencing the same issue and not able to make my personal tax account. Were you able to identify any solution for the problem yet Regards Harjyot
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 17:56:25 GMT by ss4321
Hi, I haven't been able to fix this issue :( , if you find a solution, please do post here. If I find one, I will do it.
Posted Sat, 30 Mar 2024 13:09:30 GMT by Bhagyashree
Any progress here? I am also facing a lot of problems because of the same, kindly advice!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.