Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 12 Feb 2024 11:51:07 GMT by Elizabeth Valero
Hi, I am looking at taking out a membership with an organisation that is highly relevant to the freelance work I do and signing up for one of its training courses. Is it possible to put these down as expenses and, if so, would they come under 'other allowable business expenses'?
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 08:34:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Elizabeth Valero,
You can claim tax relief for training courses under certain circumstances.  
Please have a look at Expenses if you're self-employed to determine if your courses meet the necessary criteria.
Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.