Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 18 Oct 2023 09:53:53 GMT by Mag Chan
I submitted my online Self Assessement on Sep 28 but still not receiving any mail or when I checked my Tax profile, no UTR number. Today is Oct 18 already and I am afraid of delaying in submitting the Tax return form this year with deadline Oct 30, 2023
Posted Fri, 20 Oct 2023 10:49:18 GMT by
My wife has the same issue. She has registered tax return self-assessment by mail on 28th Sep for the first time, thinking the UTR number will be ready in 10 days and she can submit the paper self assessment by 31st Oct. As of today she has not received the UTR number yet. Could you please advise how can she submit the paper self assessment by 31st Oct? Thank you.
Posted Wed, 25 Oct 2023 16:13:29 GMT by Mag Chan
Still no UTR number. What to do?
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:15:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Mag,

The deadline 30 October is for the paper tax return. Once your UTR is allocated you will be given 3 months and a week to file your tax return before late filing penalties are charged.

If you have still not received their UTR they will need to contact our Self Assessment team to review.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:19:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

She would need the UTR to submit the Self Assessment. If the notice to file the 2022 to 2023 tax return is issued late she will be allowed 3 months and a week to file the tax return before late filing penalties are charged.

If she have still not received their UTR they will need to contact our Self Assessment team to review.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 30 Oct 2023 14:37:48 GMT by Mag Chan
This is my first year to submit as I arrive UK on Nov 2022 (and start working in Nov 2022). I submitted the Self Assessment online 2 times (9/28, 10/3) but still no mail / email return for any UTR number. And I tried to call the self assessment number 0300 200 3310 and it will kick me off when I say I don't have UTR number. So how can I connect the self assessment team? Any email that I can write to? Also cause I am not sure the charge for that 0300 number will have a huge phone bill for me or not. I have submitted my paper tax return on Oct 28 (Sat) and have the proof of sending from post office. On my paper form I put down I have request for UTR number but no UTR number return to me
Posted Thu, 02 Nov 2023 08:25:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Mag Chan,
If you have submitted a registration for Self Assessment and have not yet received the UTR then you wil need to contact HMRC
to review the submission. Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 07 Nov 2023 11:34:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Hi Mag Chan,
I am sorry if you have not yet received your UTR.
To review this you will need to contact HMRC. The phone number is  local rate charge.
There is also the option to webchat. Contact HMRC
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.