Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 14:31:50 GMT by robben
Hi, I have 3 questions for my father personal tax account. 1. my father registered for self assessment via SA1 by post. He received his UTR by post. However, when he log in to his personal tax account, no UTR find and no self assessment box can be selected. Is there something wrong to my father personal tax account? 2. he also find that there is a message "the tax is not calculated yet" under tax year 2021-2022. But he has never been in UK and had any connection with UK until Oct 2022. Referring to my own account, the message should be "you have paid the right amount. HMRC has no record of you being employed in this tax year so there is nothing more to pay." Is there something wrong to my father personal tax account? 3. I help him to deal with question 1 and 2, I accidentally created a new gateway id, which had not been verified. How do I delete it or just leave it? Thank you!
Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 12:39:05 GMT by robben
Hi, is there admins can help on this issue? Why my father got the UTR but no self assessment in his personal tax account? Thank you a lot!
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 14:42:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi robben,
1. If your father has a UTR then there should be a Self Assessment tab on his personal tax account to view.
If not available he would need to contact our online helpdesk as might have another online account which is linked to his Self Assessment. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-revenue-customs/contact/online-services-helpdesk
2.This will be based on his PAYE account and if no details as yet the system will upadate in due course.
3.When you contact our online helpdesk they can check if another record set up and advise. 
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 13:58:05 GMT by robben
Hi admin 25, I have found the online Helpdesk. The helper told me to create a new gateway id for personal tax account and add self assessment in drop down list. I have created a new gateway id, but obviously the system can detect I have an old account. so I delete the old gateway and using the new gateway id. However, it is the same. nothing inside the account. It is supposed to have a UTR in main page and a box for self assessment. Is it possible that the staff only send my father the UTR but not open access for self assessment? In this case, should I re-submitted the SA1 online with the UTR provided or requires staff to correct it? Thanks!
Posted Mon, 15 Jan 2024 10:55:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

Your father would need to contact our online services team to check why the Self Assessment link is not shown on his personal tax account.

Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 18 Jan 2024 15:47:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi robben,
If there's no Self Assessment link once logged on, but your father has a live UTR he would need to contact our online helpdesk for assistance.
I am sorry if he has already contacted then but they will need to advise:
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.