Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 21:54:37 GMT by Rainbow485
I don't have a self assessment tile or service I can add on my online tax account . I can sign in ok and there is information but not these so can't do my self assessment . Any ideas please ?
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 12:15:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi

If you are already a Self Assessment customer, you can add the ability to file your Self Assessment return to your Personal Tax Account here - File your Self Assessment tax return online . If you are not yet a Self Assessment customer, there are additional links on this page that will help you register.

Thank you
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 14:23:22 GMT by Rainbow485
This just takes me to my Government Gateway to sign in ? This takes me my account page . Like I said my account doesn't have an 'ADD' page to create anything further in order to create a SA page . I do not have a tile of an ability to add a tile on my account page
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 11:49:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Rainbow485,
To file your return online, please enrol here:
Sign in using Government Gateway
Please select 'Government Gateway’ (log in with your User ID and Password if you are not already done so).
Select 'enrol for service' at the side of Self Assessment on the 'Services you can add' page
Then enter your UTR and postcode instead of your National Insurance number as there may be an error in the NINO online
If you have chosen to have your activation code in the post, you will receive it within 10 working days
You must log in with the same User ID and Password when you get it, otherwise you will not be able to activate your account
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 12:59:03 GMT by Rainbow485
Thank you but there is no enrol for service to do this , that is the problem. I have written to them but have still not received a reply . There is simply nothing on my account to bring up SA . Even if they sent me an activation code there is nowhere to put it .
Posted Fri, 23 Feb 2024 08:49:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Rainbow485,
If you're unable to add Self Assessment functionality as described, there may be an issue with your Personal Tax Account.
Please contact our Online Services by webchat or phone here:
Technical support with HMRC online services
We can then assist you in updating your account.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.