Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 11:59:24 GMT by Bjn201
Hi, Will i start paying payments on account instead of deduction of income tax owed through PAYE? I am employed, earning £100k a year. Tax owed is £3,500. I earn more than 90% of my income through my salary. Will the £3,500 tax be paid through PAYE or through payments on account?
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:06:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Bjn201,
Payments on account are due unless your last Self Assessment tax bill was less than £1,000 and you paid more than 80% of the previous year’s tax you owed, for example through your tax code or because your bank had already deducted interest on your savings Understand your Self Assessment tax bill.
If your balance is £3000 or more then we are not able to collect this through your tax code.
You would need to make a direct payment or set up a payment plan Payment problems
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.