Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 17:04:16 GMT by jackjosh9 Mcgowan
I submitted self assessment for 2022/2023 in April last year - given calculations that I am owed amount £ - I requested repayment and it’s been pending until I contacted again and said security checks in process will send ticket on issue - told wait two months which I did - contacted again and told I must wait until middle of May checks with another team and nothing they can do - I said I am not happy and given complaint contact details- sent a complaint about the time and reason it’s taking over 12 months with nothing communicated- letter arrives tier 1 complaint closed as it’s security checks and nothing they can get involved with - I have to wait until May and what if I get the same response- no point in raising a complaint ? - tried ringing that’s just a nightmare- what do I do ? - I have been told approach my local MP - - this is so frustrating please advise or help me please
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2024 10:51:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi jackjosh9 Mcgowan

I am sorry there has been a delay in completing the security checks. As it is a different department that carries out the checks you have done evertthing you can and if the timescale is now May 2024 then we will need to allow that time to complete the checks. If you wish you can contact your local MP if you want to escalate. 

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.