Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 04 May 2022 12:00:07 GMT by
I aneed to creadte a UK.GOV account to request a VISA for my children. I insert all the information (Passport, birth date etc.) , I gett all the required OTP and the procedure complete correctly. When I try to log back in, I get the following error message: "The details entered don't match our records" Of course the details are correct. I tried to contact the number and I have ben waiting fo 20 minutes (international call) and no answer. can you help?
Posted Thu, 05 May 2022 15:12:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi cclerici,

If you are getting the error and all of the details are correct, you would need to continue trying to reach our helpline.

Contact HMRC

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 16 Mar 2023 15:41:08 GMT by
Hi HMRC Team, As i am dependent leave to enter, got my BRP todays and when tried to check my right to work share code, its showing 'The details entered do not match our records’ even i enter the correct details from my New BRP and DOB, so its bit urgent as i need to share the Code with my employer. Please help to sort it our if its due to any technical fault
Posted Mon, 20 Mar 2023 22:13:43 GMT by
Hi HMRC team, A few weeks ago, I checked my share code with my details of BRP number and date of birth, I received my share code at that time but now I'm trying to check my share code again because I don't remember my previous one and when I entered my details, it keeps showing "The details entered do not match our records". Is there something wrong due to any technical fault? Thanks
Posted Wed, 22 Mar 2023 15:02:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi ramankkumar80, 

If you are being advised the details do not match, you will need to contact our helpline to ensure our details are correct.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you. 
Posted Tue, 28 Mar 2023 08:46:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 2
Hi Wint Theingi,

You can report this using the 'get help with this page' link on the page you are using.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 31 Mar 2023 21:47:11 GMT by
Hello hmrc team, I came to uk on student visa and iam trying to get my share code by using my details as per my brp card but it is showing that "the details entered do not match our records" if I enter the details correctly also and no one is allowing to me the part time job I am facing difficult situation how to solve this this issue please give me solution Thanks

[Personal information removed - Admin]
Posted Sat, 01 Apr 2023 19:48:18 GMT by
Hi HMRC team, I received my new BRP card in August 2022 and I used it to generate share code for my employer in September 2022 as well as for rental purpose In Feb 2023 and it worked. Today I try to use the same BRP to generate sharecode to apply for my driving license and it throws error as ‘Your details do not match our records’ . Is there any issue with the HMRC system ? No details are changed from my side since last August and not sure why I’m getting this error. Please do the needful asap.

[Personal information removed - Admin]
Posted Mon, 03 Apr 2023 19:16:45 GMT by
I am currently experiencing the same issue with the government share code, showing "The details entered don't match our records" To address this, I have been advised to request a Home Office right-to-work check using the Employer Checking Service from my employer. I wonder is there any support I can get here? It is very urgent as I need to share the Code with my Employer.
Posted Tue, 04 Apr 2023 12:06:39 GMT by
I am writing to you to express my dissatisfaction with the technical issues I have been experiencing with generating a sharecode to prove the right to work. Despite multiple attempts and reaching out to UKVI for assistance, I have been unable to generate a sharecode which is required to prove my right to work in the UK. I have been in contact with UKVI since March 2nd, and while they have responded to my emails every week, they have not been able to provide me with a solution to this issue. As a result, I am facing the possibility of losing my new job as I cannot prove my right to work without a sharecode. I am extremely concerned about this situation and the impact it is having on my employment prospects. I have followed all the necessary procedures and have been fully compliant with UK immigration regulations. I am also in possession of a valid BRP and BNO visa, yet I am still unable to generate a sharecode due to a technical issue that seems to be out of my control. I respectfully request that this issue be resolved as soon as possible. I urge UKVI to take immediate action to rectify this technical issue and provide me with the necessary sharecode so that I can prove my right to work and avoid losing my job. Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Posted Mon, 10 Apr 2023 11:34:30 GMT by
Hello, I am an international student from India and recently traveled to my home country, India, and returned to the UK. at the UK immigration,
an officer stamped "leave to entre for six months:employment and recourse to public funds prohibited"  now what does it means ?
also he wrote "endorsed in error"  could someone give me details regarding this ?
Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2023 10:27:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Akhil,

Please see here.

Prove your right to work to an employer: get a share code

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2023 10:45:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Haridoss,

If you contact our Income Tax team we will be able to ensure your details are correct.

Thank you.

Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2023 13:20:33 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

If you need to ensure that your details are correct you will need to contact our Income Tax team.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 13 Apr 2023 13:45:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Ice,

Any issues you are having with the service will need to be raised using the 'get help with this page' link:

Prove your right to work to an employer: get a share code

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 18 Apr 2023 09:30:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi Aditya Parmar,
This means you are not allowed to woek or claim any government benefits whilst you are here.
Thank you.
Posted Thu, 27 Apr 2023 10:21:50 GMT by Mcphee Elaiho
Hello I cannot access my share code and I did just yesterday. I don't know why please intervene
Posted Fri, 28 Apr 2023 20:06:03 GMT by
Unfortunately the BRP system is extremely faulty from what I've seen. It took 9 months for them to replace my BRP after I reported it lost "on time" like I was supposed to. This BRP is brand new and says "Details to match out records" but it doesnt matter because if you truly have a job offer or want to rent somewhere the employer and landlord have another link they can use to submit the information they have given and the home office will actually look into it and give them a firm answer, its actually suprisingly fast, like 1-2 day turn around. I dont think the BRP card really is good for anything unless you need it to enter the UK because you are not from canada or australia or something.... wish all you well. Much love
Posted Thu, 04 May 2023 14:30:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi McPhee Elaiho,

We only deal with Income Tax queries on this forum. 

You can find information regards your query here View and prove your immigration status: get a share code

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 May 2023 11:02:26 GMT by
All my details are correct as I had updated them earlier this year to my new login document but now whenever I attempt to login, after inputting my document and date of birth I'm redirected to an error screen that says my details do not match any records. I've already tried the helpline multiple times and the email they give also does not help me. What is the issue?

You must be signed in to post in this forum.