Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 16 May 2023 16:36:37 GMT by
I entered my BRP number but the result does not match my details. The name is wrong, the picture is not me. I have raised it but they said no timescale on when can be fixed. Does anyone know how long it takes to fix the technical issue? I need the share code for the new job!!!
Posted Thu, 18 May 2023 21:49:39 GMT by
Hi. please i need some clarity. If a BRP is reported lost and a replacement application is underway, how are you supposed to verify your right to work or right to rent status before the new one?
Posted Fri, 19 May 2023 11:30:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi Akinlami

Sorry, we can only answer questions appropriate to HMRC on this forum.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 07:38:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi kristine Hane,

If your details match it could be that the system does not hold enough information to be able to ask you verification questions. We cannot be sure as we are unable to access your record from this forum.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 23 May 2023 13:43:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

Unfortunately we do not have a timescale for this.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 30 May 2023 16:45:58 GMT by
A few weeks ago, I checked my share code with my details of BRP number and date of birth, I received my share code at that time but now I'm trying to check my share code again because I don't remember my previous one and when I entered my details, it keeps showing "The details entered do not match our records". Is there something wrong due to any technical fault?
Posted Fri, 02 Jun 2023 11:22:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi ANUSANKAR MADAMBIL KALARICKAL HOUSE
You will need to report this issue on the page.
Thankyou.
Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 17:17:17 GMT by
Dear HMRC admin I self-registered today for first time on self assessment for tax returns with a new Gateway Number. I filled in my First and last name, DOB and NI number correctly. However it says “ the details do not match our records” However, I remembered I had registered myself in 2022 for an account with gateway number Again I had signed in with the old Gateway number and filled in first and last name, DOB and NI number correctly. Again it says “the details do not match our records’ I have been locked out for 24 hrs trying to access and match the details. Is there anyway to sort this out ? Thank you, Khine
Posted Wed, 28 Jun 2023 20:46:10 GMT by
Hi I'm trying to check my visa immigration status and my Right to work for my employer but I get " details don't match our records " any help on what is going on please ?
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:31:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi Hermes Wouansi
We can only answer HMRC questions.
Thankyou.
Posted Wed, 05 Jul 2023 14:46:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Khine Tun

If the details don't match, you need to contact our Income Tax department to ensure the details are up to date and correct -

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you
Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 00:42:42 GMT by
Hi HMRC I tried to generate share code for right to work on my brp but its says "we donot found any record" Please help me to solve this issue .thanks
Posted Fri, 13 Oct 2023 11:14:02 GMT by
I got a BNO visa in form of BRP expires 2028. Got a job offer from hospital who needs share code. Sharecode information was incorrect, valid unitl 2023 October. Emailed ukvi twice 1.5 months ago, says requires a few days to resolve, no response. Called ukvi 3 weeks ago, asked me to wait but if urgent, suggested I should go through another option - ask employer to check with immigration per website. Tried immediately and after 2 weeks employer did not get reply. I think I'll lose my job. Very desperate school leaver.
Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:41:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Irfan Ali,

You would need to contact our online helpdesk.
Technical support with HMRC online services

Thank you.

Posted Sat, 09 Dec 2023 17:41:56 GMT by
I have been trying without any sucess to resolve the problem I have with trying to register for self assessment. When prompted to check my identity I keep getting the 'The details entered do not match our records'. I have also waited 40 minutes to speak to your advisors only to be told that they cannot help me because 'The details entered do not match our records' and therefore I cannot clear security. I have tried every avenue using my driving licence, passport, pay slip, p60 and still get the same message that I must have entered the incorrect details. You clearly trust my details enough to take my tax for the last 30 years so I am at a loss to why you will not recognise who I am. Terrible service and absolutely no help top resolve this.
Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 10:33:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Deborah Land,
I'm sorry for the issues you've experienced in trying to register for Self Assessment.
It could be that some of the details we have for you on file are out of date, or incorrect.
If you're unable to pass security, please write to us at Self Assessment, HMRC, BX9 1AS, confirming your name, address, date of birth, National Insurance number, and a contact number, and confirm what years you'd like to register for Self Assessment for.
Thanks you. 
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 15:14:10 GMT by
Hello, I've this issue; The information you gave does not match an HMRC record, for over a year. My details are of course correct as I've tried for almost a year I have been trying to get online so I can send my first tax return. I spent countless hours on the phone with different answers every single time. I then had to complete a paper form, yet when it came to paying for it I couldn't even sign in to do it securely, I will have to do it without signing in which just feels dodgy. I don't want to go through all of this next year I want to be able to submit my return within my account. This is my last resort as I've had no help via the phone. HMRC please respond with some actual advice not just "check the .gov website" thanks.
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 22:21:13 GMT by
Hi there I have an issue I was wondering if you can help basicly I lost my BRP I applied for a replacement, I still have my Travel document, leave to remain letter and UKVI account. My current employer is asking me for a sharecode which I can't get access to as I am awaiting reply from HOME office. I been here 26 years and been working and paying tax. Is there any other way I can apply for a sharecode? Besides Bro can I put in my travel document number under a passport as long as it's Valid and up to date? I have called Home office and they sent me another link to fill in for employer, also I gave employer my Ukvi application number any thing I can do to speed up the process for new employer?
Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2024 22:22:21 GMT by
Hi there I have an issue I was wondering if you can help basicly I lost my BRP I applied for a replacement, I still have my Travel document, leave to remain letter and UKVI account. My current employer is asking me for a sharecode which I can't get access to as I am awaiting reply from HOME office. I been here 26 years and been working and paying tax. Is there any other way I can apply for a sharecode? Besides Bro can I put in my travel document number under a passport as long as it's Valid and up to date? I have called Home office and they sent me another link to fill in for employer, also I gave employer my Ukvi application number any thing I can do to speed up the process for new employer?
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 10:48:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Volodymyr SOSHKA,
We are sorry, but you would need to contact the Home Office for advise on:
020 7035 4848.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.