Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 24 Jun 2023 18:58:20 GMT by Guido
I don't know whether part of this question is for an accountant instead. Apologise if so. I have an LTD and I am the only PSC and shareholder. I'll move overseas soon (probably on a permanent basis). Will the taxes my LTD must pay to the HMRC be higher if I use the LTD to provide services to the UK with me as a non-UK resident opposed to as UK-resident? (Perhaps it might be helpful for you knowing that I have Settled Status in the UK as a EU citizen). What if I use my LTD to provide my services in Italy, will it pay more taxes to the UK? Even if I am the Director and Secretary, once I'll be living in Italy, can my LTD hire me as non-resident foreign staff? And if so, should it hire me either as a full-time employee, contractor or freelancer, considering the occasionality of my work? I would need a list of pros and cons for each if more than just one option is possible. And I suppose that only the LTD income must be declared to the UK, while my own wage as an employee should be entirely dealt with by the Italian revenue&customs. Am I wrong? Are there any exceptions?
Posted Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:21:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Guido,

Please find attached HMRC guidance in relation to international tax matters.
International Manual                                     
HMRC is unable to provide tax planning advice and I would suggest you speak with an accountant regarding your query.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 03 Jul 2023 12:54:25 GMT by Guido
Many thanks

You must be signed in to post in this forum.