Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 21 Jul 2023 18:26:32 GMT by
WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
Posted Thu, 27 Jul 2023 14:40:19 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi

You would need to provide a start date when you register as a sole trader.
You can only be registered if you provide a start date which has already passed or is within 7 days from now.

Thank you
Posted Sat, 29 Jul 2023 11:12:35 GMT by
I want to register as a sole trader as soon as possible
Posted Tue, 08 Aug 2023 10:27:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

You can register here.

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 19:29:38 GMT by
Hi, I have completed my registration 5 months ago and I have no had any update on the delay
Posted Wed, 13 Dec 2023 22:11:32 GMT by Ruddink
Do you have to register as a sole trader if you are simply earning a one off income? e.g Payment for a Guest lecture or Speech?
Posted Tue, 19 Dec 2023 13:17:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi Ruddink,

No, you can report this as other earned income.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 12:19:53 GMT by
Dear HMRC team, I recently updated my information on the HMRC portal. However, upon attempting to register for self-employment, the portal continues to display my previous details. Despite my attempts to contact HMRC, I have been unable to reach them. Could you kindly provide guidance? I've been facing this issue for over a month now and urgently need to complete my self-employment registration. Thank you for your assistance!
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 21:38:53 GMT by
Dear HMRC I am a European citizen and I do not live in the UK, I would like to know if it was possible to register as an individual company to start an e-commerce in the UK
Posted Thu, 11 Jan 2024 15:45:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi yurii conte,
The guidance below explains how to register as a sole trader in the UK.
Set up as a sole trader
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:25:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Prachi Vaidya,
When you update your personal information it can take up to 3 working days to update to our different systems.
You would need to allow this timescale after updating your details before submitting the registration.
If you are still having issues then you would need to contact HMRC to register:
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.