Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Dividend from a US listed stock -British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BTI) is UK dividend or not?

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Dividend from a US listed stock -British American Tobacco p.l.c. (BTI) is UK dividend or not?

Hello, got a question about BTI stock, Bristish American Tobacco p.l.c. is a UK registered company, but BTI is 2nd listing stock in New York USA, the stock is trading in USD, they pay dividend in USD as well. so, should this dividend by counted as UK dividend (as this is UK company)? or counted as foreign income (as it is US listed stock and paying USD dividend)? Thank you! Noted. the corresponding UK listed stock is BAT, but I am talking BTI here.
  • RE: CGT on hundreds of share transactions

hello, would you pls comment if it is correct to think in this way (the same day rule, bed and breakfast rule, and section 104 rule doesn't really matter because the capital gain is just the different between the Net Asset Value (NAV) at the begin of tax year and the end of tax year.)? If this is correct, it is not necessary to work out the capital gain based on the rules (same day rule, B&B, and section 104), right?
  • CGT on hundreds of share transactions

Hello, if I have hundreds of transactions (either buy or sell) of the same shares within the same tax year, and at the end of the tax year, I just sell all of them, i.e. no more that share on hand. And I am not going to trade the same share within 30days in the next tax year. So, the same day rule, bed and breakfast rule, and section 104 rule doesn't really matter because the capital gain is just the different between the Net Asset Value (NAV) at the begin of tax year and the end of tax year. As there are hundreds of transactions, if I need to upload the computation one by one, there will be hundreds of computations, I afraid the online tax return server will not allow me to do so; Can I just put all the transactions into a single excel to shows each transaction's buy or sell date, quantity, and total value, and the same as pdf for tax return purpose? I understand that multiple transactions of same asset of the same day will be counted as 1 disposal only, I will try to count the no. of disposals correctly and report in the tax return, does it work? looking forward your comment ,Thank you!