Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Ex-Gratia payment

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Visa Sponsorship

Hello, We need to sponsor an employee who is currently working for us in the UK. The cost of it is £15k approx. , company is willing to pay 50% (£7,500) and the balance (£7,500) will be a loan to an employee which will deducted monthly form his salary, is there any tax implications which I need to be aware of. I understand the loan element is below £10k which is not reportable as a BIK, please advise?
  • Staff Loan

Hello. We need to provide a loan to an employee less than £10,000. We are thinking to make this payment through payroll (not a bank transfer) so that the transaction is captured on a payslip. Are there any restriction please on this process. I am thinking from a FPS point of view as it will show HMRC a large payment being paid to an employee through a monthly payslip which is not used for tax and NIC deductions, please advise?
  • Benefit Payrolling

Good after noon, We payroll our medical insurance benefit monthly but do not payroll the company car benefits, can we still submit the P11d forms to declare the employee company car benefit and to pay Class 1A where as we signed up for payrolling the benefits, please advise?
  • Pension contributions

We have an employee going on a maternity leave where we have to carry on contributing towards her salary scarifies pension at 6% as an employer (employer's contribution), The employee will not be contributing or scarify the employee pension 4% during her maternity as she cannot scarify from her statutory payments. If we are to make an employers contribution only at 6% we are not meeting the 8% (employers + employee) minimum pension contribution requirement, which is:- Workplace pension contributions The minimum your employer pays You pay Total minimum contribution From April 2019 3% 5% 8% Is this means that we, as an employer, need to contribute full 10% (Employee 4% + employer 6%) during her maternity, please advise?
  • Flight Allowance

We have employees who are working in Singapore paid in the UK, they still have not received their NT tax codes and pay tax in he UK . We pay them flight allowance once a year to visit their home country (UK), are the flight allowance taxable, please advise? Kind regards 

Name removed admin .
  • Car Allowance during the Maternity Leave

Good afternoon, Do an employee still entitle to a car allowance when she goes on to a maternity leave or as an employer is it compulsory to pay car allowance with SMP during the Maternity leave, please advise?
  • Pension on SSP

Good afternoon, Do employees contribute toward their pension if they are on a salary scarifies pension scheme taking into consideration the national minimum wage element, They are only earning SSP and pension deduction on it reduces the salary down further. please advise?
  • Car Allowance

Good morning, I have asked this question couple of days ago but have received any reply. Please advise, can an employer pay an employee a car allowance through payroll where an employee hasn't got a driving licence. To my knowledge employee have to have a full UK driving licence to qualify for it. If licence is necessary what documentation do an employer need to obtain from employee? I would really appreciate your expert opinions!
  • Car Allowance

Good afternoon, Can an employer pay an employee a car allowance where an employee hasn't got a driving licence. To my knowledge employee have to have a full UK driving licence to qualify for it Please advise?