Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: VAT Repayment - Account isn't clear

I did that - it said there was no one online to help so the bot is pretty pointless. Thanks for replying though
  • RE: VAT Repayment - Account isn't clear

I have used these contact details and these are the numbers I get the issues on,
  • VAT Repayment - Account isn't clear

Hi, Can you please confirm how I can speak to someone with regards to a VAT repayment. The phone number simply cuts off. The account statement isn't clear as to how much is due back and the adjustment was made on the 21st August. Thanks
  • VAT and the DFE and a SAAS Software

We are a registered charity. We have purchased SAAS booking software from a Ltd company that is VAT registered. We are planning to pay for this SAAS software with grant funding from the DfE. The grant funding agreement contains this clause: The Grant Recipient acknowledges that the Funding is not consideration for any taxable supply for VAT purposes. You understand and acknowledge that the Department’s obligation does not extend to paying any amounts in respect of VAT in addition to the Funding. 12.2. The Funding has been made on the basis that the costs presented to the Department take account of all VAT liabilities. If it is later found that the costs increase because an error was made regarding VAT recovery, the Department will be under no obligation to increase the Funding to pay any VAT liability of the Grant Recipient. 12.3. You agree immediately to repay any VAT that is recovered whether by off-set, credit or repayment to the extent that any such VAT cost was included in the Funding. 12.4. The Grant Recipient may not charge VAT on expenses which are not chargeable to VAT. Am I obliged to pay the VAT that is presented on the invoice to me, the charity, from the supplier of the SAAS software?
  • RE: VAT Exemption Certificate

A supplier has asked for a certificate so that VAT isn't charged on goods that are for educational use and training as per notice 701/30 Thanks
  • VAT Exemption Certificate

How do I go about applying for one?
  • Capital Gains on a rental home (but was my main residence until recently)

Hi Can you please confirm, if I have a house and it was my main residence until recently and is now rented out, whether I would pay capital gains tax on the time the residence was rented out. I bought the property in 2010 and it was rented out in April of this year.
  • VAT and the DFE

Hi We have some grant awards from the DFE and we are using some suppliers to undertake these services. However we are having difficulty confirming with the suppliers on how to treat their services. We have read that the services constitute a non taxable supply but the supplier is disputing that. Can someone help?
  • VAT Error on return

Hi - we have made an error on our return and I have completed a form to amend the submission but can't find any record of it. The error was made because the software doesn't allow for adjustments to be made and so the only way to get this corrected was to send a form online. Can someone please help?