Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Agents' fees' deduction

Yes they are of a revenue nature, but as explained above I wasn't sure I could deduct them as it is the first time I am letting this property and I only started letting it in March 2022. But you confirm I can deduct them? Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot but it says: "The expenses incurred in connection with the first letting or subletting of a property for more than one year are capital expenditure and therefore not allowable. The expenses include, for example, legal expenses (such as the cost of drawing up the lease), agent’s and surveyor’s fees and commission. Expenses for a let of a year or less can be deducted." It is the first time I am renting our this property, and I am renting it out for 2 years since March 2022. In these circumstances, are the agent fees taken each month as a percentage of the monthly rent allowable or not? thanks a lot

Sure: instead of being invoiced the agents' fees for the 2 years' lease they negotiated with my tenant as a one off, they take a percentage of the rent each month. And I was wondering if I could deduct this amount. Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot. I went to the page you mentioned and it says "The expenses incurred in connection with the first letting or subletting of a property for more than one year are capital expenditure and therefore not allowable. The expenses include, for example, legal expenses (such as the cost of drawing up the lease), agent’s and surveyor’s fees and commission. Expenses for a let of a year or less can be deducted." But you confirm that recurring real-estate agents' fees can be deducted even for the first year of the lease? thanks a lot
  • Agents' fees' deduction

Hi I have been renting out my flat since March 2022. It was the first time I was renting it out and I rent it out through a real-estate agency. Can I deduct the agents' recurring fees? thanks a lot
  • Charitable Donation with Joint Account

Hi My husband and I made a recurring charitable donation though our joint account, can I deduct it from my self assessment? And how much can I deduct? thanks a lot