Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: State pension weekly and yearly amounts

Hi Nickh, In 2024 there are 53 Mondays, 53 Tuesdays and 53 Wednesdays You have to bring the weekly down to daily to compute properly To get the daily amount Divide the £220.10 by 7 days in the week to get annual amount multiply daily amount by 365.25 days in year (the 0.25 is for leap years) to get monthly amount divide annual amount by 12 Hope this helps
  • RE: How to pay from UK after CF83 approval.

Hi HMRC Admin The GOV.UK advice, for paying Voluntary Class 3 online at: https://www.gov.uk/pay-voluntary-class-3-national-insurance/make-an-online-or-telephone-bank-transfer is not as comprehensive as that for paying Voluntary Class 2 online at: https://www.gov.uk/pay-class-2-national-insurance/make-online-telephone-bank-transfer "The reference number to use from a UK bank account depends on if you: live and work in the UK live abroad live in the UK but are paying for a period when you worked abroad" is not included in the Class 3 advice I live abroad, and want to pay voluntary class 3 from a UK sterling acc, located in London. Do I use A) sort code - 08 32 20 account number - 12001004, and 18 digit reference number as per class 3 advice? OR B) sort code as above but with reference "National Insurance number followed by ‘IC’, your surname then your initial" as per class 2 advice? Is method A) faster than method B)? Many Thanks
  • RE: Contributions Credited to Incorrect Year

A bit of good news My payments were finally allocated to the correct years and my pension forecast has been updated in line with this. It happened in the last week and may have been done during the maintenance shutdown at the weekend Happy Days! 😊 😊 😊 😊

Hi Martin, Still not sorted we live in hope!

Hi, I finally managed to get through to the 191 no above. They confirmed the money was rec.d, and only 1 year paid. but they were unable to allocate correctly during the call. they sent an email to the "payments team" with my instructions. It is now more than 8 weeks and we still have one year paid instead of 17. What is the wait time for class 2 payments from abroad? Do you have a no for the voluntary class 2 payments team? Many thanks SeamusD
  • Contributions Credited to Incorrect Year

Hi, I completed a CF83 in March 23. I was approved to pay 17 years 2006-2023 in Feb 24. On 29th Feb 24, I paid for the 17 years by bank transfer to the "HMRC NIC Receipts" Bank Acc, using my NI Number. Surname, etc as reference. Today in Gov Gateway, i was credited for the 2023-2024 full year, but not for any of the other years from 2006-2023. I did intend to pay for 23/24, but wanted to bring 2006-2023 up to date first. Will this be corrected automatically or do i need to follow up? SeamusD