Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: Paper version of SA100

But still nobody here from HMRC explain why deliberately cause inconvenience to landlords who are unable to file online, especially those overseas landlords. Or it's a promotion for commercial softwares?
  • Paper version of SA100

I am an overseas landlord and just found that the paper form of SA100 is not available for downloading from the HMRC website starting from this year. May I know the reasons behind of such decision which caused inconvenience for non-resident landlords like me?
  • RE: Self assessment for non UK resident

I am from Hong Kong and I was given understanding that you will not be able to file the tax return online as non UK resident. For the SA100, I just downloaded it from the website below and mailed to HMRC. I recently received my tax calculation by post. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1148675/SA100_tax_return_English_2023.pdf For your reference.
  • RE: Overseas Landlord Self Assessment

I just finished chatting with the HMRC webchat advisor. It is very convenient and useful especially for overseas landlords. Highly recomended.
  • RE: Overseas Landlord Self Assessment

Hi, I am also from Hong Kong and just received the tax calculation by post for 2022-23 (this is the 2nd year I have to pay the tax for my BTL properties). I found the calculation consist of 2 parts, one for tax due under assessment for 2022-23, and the other one for 2023-24. The letter also stipulates that "The above figures do not include payments already made......" So how do I know the amount I have already paid for 2022-23 in the last tax year, and the actual amount I have to pay for the current bill? I am unable to view the statements online as I do not have an online account since I am not a UK resident. Thanks a lot for your help!
  • Email contact with HMRC

I am from overseas and received a penalty notice from HMRC for failure to file the tax return. I sent the return subsequently by registered mail but just received another penalty notice. Any direct email to contact the responsible HMRC staff so that I can attach the proof? I cannot find any email in the website. Thanks a lot for your help!