Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 13 Sep 2023 09:14:11 GMT by
How do I inform HMRC of strike-off? Our company merged with another a year ago, has not been trading and we have now applied to strike it off. I understand we need to formally notify HMRC. I tried the phone service but could not work out which number to press. Ideally I would like to talk to someone about what we need to do.
Posted Fri, 15 Sep 2023 11:50:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
You should write to us, advising the date date your company cease trading and confirm you are now applying for strike off of the company.
Our address is
Corporation Tax Services,
H M Revenue & Customs,
BX9 1AX.
Posted Wed, 14 Feb 2024 12:47:12 GMT by
hello , how do i file last corporate tax? because i have already applied for strike off with companies house.
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 12:23:12 GMT by HMRC Admin 13 Response
Hi Although you have applied to have your company struck off at Companies House this should not prevent you from filing a Company Tax Return (CT600). If you experience any difficulties filing the CT600 call the CT Helpline on 0300 200 3410 in the first instance. Thank you.
Posted Thu, 16 May 2024 22:29:11 GMT by YellowAutumnMoon
Hi, I have just applied for trike off with companies house. My company has never been trading as was set up originally to explore an idea but turned out not to be feasible. It was set up a month ago. Do I still need to send final statutory accounts and a Company Tax Return to HMRC please? Thank you in advance.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2024 07:29:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi 
In the circumstances you have outlined  it will not be necesary to submit a CT600 tax return including statutory accountsto HMRC.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2024 09:38:49 GMT by Swepakltd
Hello! I registered a company in January 2024 but unluckily never used it for trade. Because of director foreign address got complications to start online business. Now I am going to strike off company on company house register. I got information to inform you first. How is the process and need to submit any account or tax even company has never traded. Thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 02 Sep 2024 09:11:36 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

Thank you for your query.

You can notify HMRC that your company is dormant by going to

Tell HMRC your company is dormant for Corporation Tax   .

Thank you .
Posted Sun, 08 Sep 2024 09:28:30 GMT by Swepakltd
Thanks for kind reply. Now I have submitted the Strike off application in Company House and also Informed HMRC via link you sent to me that I am going to close company which never been traded. Do i need to submit any other document like copy of strike off application or something else. Kind regards
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2024 13:22:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 13 Response
Hi, No. HMRC will receive notification of the intended 'strike off'. Provided there are no outstanding taxes or Tax Returns, HMRC will not object to the dissolution of the company. Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.