Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 03 Jun 2024 14:35:49 GMT by SimplyEasy
Hi, I have forgotten my username and password for my government gateway account and also do not have access to the email registered to the account. I have tried calling HMRC but there is not much help. I have out of clue and hopefully someone can shed some lights on this please? What is the best solution here? Can I delete the account and register a new account with the same VAT number? Any input is much appreciated. Thank you,
Posted Wed, 05 Jun 2024 17:14:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi SimplyEasy,
Please contact the online services helpdesk  Get help using VAT online services .
There are processes in place to reissue user id’s and passwords as long as the appropriate security questions can be answered.
So please have your VAT business records to hand when you call.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 18 Jun 2024 06:59:15 GMT by SimplyEasy
Hi, Thank you for your reply. Have called but there is no luck/ help from HMRC. Is there any other way we can gain access? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 21 Jun 2024 13:55:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi,
I am sorry, for assistance with your government gateway account you will need to contact our online Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2024 13:36:42 GMT by C Page
Does your state pension payments appear in hmrc app account, like your works pensions but under state pension heading?
Posted Tue, 03 Sep 2024 07:18:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi C Page,
You can use the Personal Tax Account to check your National Insurance contributions record and see your projected State Pension.  You will also be able to view your current years tax code and the annual amount of State Pension coded if this has already started. The personal tax account does not show the monthly/weekly State Pension payments been made in the same way as a works pension.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.