Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 16:14:44 GMT by
Dear Sir, I have received a letter from HMRC accepting my application to pay voluntary class 2 NIC contributions (in response to my CF83 form). The letter includes a table with the payment needed for each year to make it a qualifying year. Since I am abroad I need to make an online transfer. My question is: do I need to make separate transfers for each tax year? or, am I supposed to make a single online transfer with the whole amount of all the years included in the table, all together? Many thanks
Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:04:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

You may pay whatever tax years that you wish to make either in a lump sum or by separate amounts. We would ask that you pay a full tax year (or multiple) with each payment that you make. You should check with Future Pensions before making payment to ensure that it is worthwhile to do so – details about this will be included with your letter.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 31 Jan 2024 23:02:40 GMT by Robert Gray
Regarding payment from abroad. Last month on the HMRC website there was an option for those paying from abroad but using a UK bank account. The HMRC account for this option was: Sort code: 20-20-48 Account: 30944793 Name: HMRC NIC Receipts Reference: NI number followed by IC followed by surname and initial Today I checked https://www.gov.uk/pay-class-2-national-insurance/make-online-telephone-bank-transfer The above option is no longer listed. Please can HMRC admin advise how to make payment if you live abroad via a UK bank account?

[Personal Information Removed - HMRC Admin]
Posted Thu, 15 Feb 2024 15:48:48 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

Details of how to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions can be found on the following weblink: 

Voluntary National Insurance

As you are paying overseas voluntary contributions your 18 Digit Reference Number remains as you advised.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2024 16:13:19 GMT by RAY
Hello, I have just paid my back dated contributions from 2006 to 2023/4. I live abroad and I would like to know how I can pay my future contributions by Direct Debit. Do I have to fill form CF83 in again? I note on your site it says ' You must apply by post to pay voluntary National Insurance contributions for gaps in the current tax year and then for future payments by Direct Debit. I was sent a link to pay the contributions to your account, with my NI reference number to include my surname and initial, which was done. Do I have to apply in writing to the UK now to request a direct debit for future payments?
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2024 18:52:17 GMT by Anoop Kumar
I sent my application form from abroad for additional voluntary class 2 contribution two months ago. I chose the option to pay via direct debit from my UK bank account. I haven't yet heard back on my letter. Please advise what should I do? Thanks
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2024 11:23:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
Yes, you will need to fill in a new CF83 form and fill in the Direct debit section of the form to set up a direct debit for current and future years.
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2024 13:26:37 GMT by Anoop Kumar
Hi there, that's what i tried to say in my message. I submitted form CF83 almost 10 weeks ago. Should I assume a direct debit will be requested from my bank account or there will be further correspondence with me through letter that I should expect before payment is taken?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2024 10:10:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Anoop Kumar,
Sorry for the delay in you receiving a reply to your CF83 application form.
If you sent your application via post, our International Team that deal with individuals in EU countries are dealing with queries received on 30 July 2023 at the moment.
Our International Team that deal with individuals outside of the EU are dealing with queries received 4 March 2024.
Unfortunately, there will be a delay before you receive a reply.
If you completed your CF83 application form online then our EU Team are dealing with queries received 11 August 2024 and our Team for non-EU countries are dealing with queries received on 16 June 2024.
Thank you. 

Posted Fri, 04 Oct 2024 09:39:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Annop Kumar,
Sorry for the delay in processing your CF83 application form.
When our International Teams have processed your application they will send you a letter to confirm and what happens next.
Unfortunately, there is a delay in processing CF83s.
If you are in an EU country and have sent your CF83 online then it should have been processed by now so you may wish to call our National Insurance Helpline on 0300 200 3500 (from the UK) or + 44 191 203 7010 (from overseas).
If you posted your CF83 then they are working on queries received July 2023 at the moment.
If you are in a country outside of the EU and sent your CF83 online then they are working on queries received in June 2024 and if you send it by post, they are working on queries received in March 2024.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.