Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2024 03:43:46 GMT by Colin Sutcliffe
I received a letter earlier this year stating that my application to pay Class 2 contributions to make up the shortfall has been accepted, but to contact Future Pensions to find out if my State Pension will increase if I do so. As I live abroad, the option I have is to call +441912183600, but this is either broken or too busy. I have been trying to reach the number for weeks, calling at all times of the day, including 8 am on the dot, but not only can I not reach anyone, I cannot even get in a queue. As my only other option, I have sent numerous written queries through the online forms, but these seem to be marked as "Complete" as soon as they register on the system, despite nobody contacting me either by the telephone or email options. If there is another way to contact Future Pensions I would like to learn it as all my options seem to have been exhausted.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 07:21:16 GMT by Colin Sutcliffe
Please respond.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:48:47 GMT by HMRC Admin 2 Response
Hi,

Sorry, we can only answer HMRC questions on this forum.

Thank you.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 15:27:36 GMT by Colin Sutcliffe
HMRC wrote to me and advised me to speak to Future Pensions, which is proving to be impossible through the number you provided. Can you direct me to the correct forum/number please?
Posted Thu, 02 May 2024 14:55:05 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Colin Sutcliffe,
To obtain a State Pension Forecast you may use this weblink:  Check your State Pension forecast or you may wish to call them on  0800 7310175 (from the UK) or +44 191 2183600 (from overseas).
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 11:11:39 GMT by Alessandra De Luca
Hi, I would like to pay for gaps in my pension. I have traied to call Future Pension on 08007310175 but it is impossible to talk to them. Does anyone have any other contacts? many thanks.
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2024 12:09:00 GMT by Joe Bennett
I have exactly the same problem as Colin. I live in a different timezone and have tried calling the Future Pensions office over and over - the best result I’ve got is to be on hold for hours, only for the call to be dropped. There is no website or online account management option, and no option to email them. The hold system gives the caller no idea of the length of the wait time, and pointlessly loops a ‘thank you for waiting’ voice every 20 seconds – for hours. This is the only way the UK govt has given for people in my situation to contact them – and it doesn’t work.
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2024 14:00:06 GMT by PeterSii
The same, incredibly frustrating - I have paid in many years additional contributions and have no record of them some 5 months on with no way of accessing help

You must be signed in to post in this forum.