Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 20:47:12 GMT by CheddarCat
Hi, I’ve just found out that the start date on one of my previous employments on the PAYE Income Tax History is wrong. This is a slightly problematic because I am being screened by a new employer who checks my past employment history against HMRC PAYE Income Tax History records, and the start date on the HMRC PAYE records are not matching with what’s on my employment contract. I lost my P45 so I don’t know what the previous employer wrote on the form. Can I ask HMRC to correct the start date on the PAYE Income Tax History records? Thanks.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:19:20 GMT by HMRC Admin 5

The start date would have been submitted by the employer online. If you contact the employer they can submit amended details. If unable to amend then you will need to contact HMRC to review Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.