Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 31 Oct 2023 03:08:01 GMT by Luke
Hello, I worked in the UK from 2012 to 2013, and probably later (specific dates are hard to recall). I have an HMRC online account. However, when I checked my "Your National Insurance record" for 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 online, no information was available (it incorrectly states "You did not make any contributions this year"). I have found 6 PAYE slips (from October 2012 to March 2013), but I am certain I worked for a longer duration. How can I report this missing information (or example, by sending a copy at least of these PAYE slips)? These contributions could be crucial for both the UK and a foreign social security institution in the future. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. Best regards, Luke
Posted Thu, 02 Nov 2023 08:02:56 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Luke,
If you could send us copies of your P60s or payslips we’ll be able to trace them and record them to your National Insurance account.  
Please enclose a covering letter to quote your name, address and National Insurance Number and a brief explanation of your query.  
Our postal address is: 
HM Revenue & Customs,
PT Operations North East England,
BX9 1AN
Thank you.
Posted Sun, 31 Dec 2023 21:06:21 GMT by Luke
Hello, Thank you for the prompt response. A couple of weeks ago, I sent the PAYE slips that I was able to find and a short letter via registered mail, and they were delivered to the address you provided on 27th December. Do you think it will be possible to obtain any other information for which I couldn't find the PAYE slips? How long might it take to receive a response/update? Thank you and best regards.
Posted Tue, 09 Jan 2024 15:13:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 5
Hi Luke

You would need to contact the employer for the missing information if possible. If your letter was recevied 27 December 2023 the current timesacle for a reply is 4 May 2024.  

Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.