Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 13 Jan 2023 05:38:07 GMT by Max
I left the UK in April 2022 and am not a UK resident (for tax purposes) for the 2022-23 tax year. However, I was a UK tax resident for the 2021-22 tax year and I will be submitting the 2021-22 self assessment form before this month's deadline. After viewing my calculation, I am asked "Are you claiming to reduce your 2022-23 payments on account?" Should I claim to reduce my payments now, or should I be making these payments on account and expect to receive a refund for the overpayment in the future?
Posted Tue, 17 Jan 2023 11:40:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

That is a decision that only you can decide on.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.