Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 29 Jan 2023 20:43:03 GMT by A Mi
hi HMRC I was to file the tax return (individual/personal tax), but not sure if I did it wrong it says I am with a business account and now it asks me to wait 7 days for the code by post in order to activate the business account. I tried to create another gateway but it still routed me back to business. How can i change my profile to individual/personal so that i can submit the tax return before Jan 31st deadline?
Posted Tue, 31 Jan 2023 17:41:13 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

When activating the account you need to receive the activation code, regardless of if you are doing this for a personal or business account.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2023 13:50:45 GMT by Wilky
My online gateway accountant was accidently set up incorrectly by my accountant. My accountant registered a business gateway account for me instead of a personal account. Can anyone tell me how to change this. I have contacted the inland revenue several times but it seems no one in the revenue will help me. I have called the Inland revenue 'online support team' on (0300 200 3600), They ask what my problem is, they then put my call on hold and disconnect the phone! It's very frustrating - I only want someone to help me resolve this issue!
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2023 09:32:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Wilky,
You will need to call Online Service Helpdesk  0300 200 3600 for further assistance.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.