Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 01 Sep 2022 08:03:06 GMT by EABlair
Can I registed as self-employed for the tax year 2021-22 (before October) and pay NI contributions? As far as I am aware if I register as self-employed and earn less than the threshold I can voluntarily pay NIC class 2. If I were simply unemployed for that year and not claiming benefits it would be NIC Class 3. Is this correct? Is it legit to do so?
Posted Tue, 06 Sep 2022 14:09:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

You will need to query this with our NI department.

See link:

National Insurance: general enquiries  .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.