Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 17 Feb 2024 20:40:30 GMT by
hi, this is my first time filing a self assessment so if its normal for this to happen then forgive me i filed no problem on the 20th of jan, got told exactly what i expected to with the calculation of a repayment, and its been a pending back repayment ever since, i checked this evening and the repayment pending is no longer there, no info on the page at all but if i look in tax years, then click on the tax year link below the appropriate year, then click on balancing payment(adj) link next to 31 jan 2024 it says below balancing payment(adj) (for tax year ending 5apri 2023) overpayment from tax return -(amount from calculation) adjustment from tax return on 16 feb 2024 (amount from calculation) total 0 like i said this is all new to me so idk whats going on, is this normal? have i jumped the gun and the overpayment will be waiting in my account monday?(nothing there yet) has something happened that means i wont be getting anything back? the lack of explaination is not helpful but as expected from what ive read i was expecting the repayment pending to go to issuingthen 5 working days after to go into my account so yeah, im clueless as to whats happening
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 16:02:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

From your description, it sounds like your repayment has now been sent to your bank account, it can now take up to 7 working days to appear in your account.

We may need more information from you to confirm this, though, contact our self assessment team and we can advise your further.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 20 Feb 2024 18:41:30 GMT by
ok colour me stupid, wouldnt some indication of this have been useful the whole -(calculation amount) then ending with total 0 is quite confusing, you know something like hey good news weve sent your repayment as of(insert date here) 7 working days will be tuesday so ill contact you guys by phone or something on wednesday next week if no money appears beforehand ty kindly
Posted Sun, 24 Mar 2024 09:10:59 GMT by BF11TON
Hi what was the outcome of this This has happened to me checked on Thursday was there checked Saturday and everything has gone
Posted Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:46:51 GMT by steveng
This was my post, since that hmrc has deactivated my account, must be a bandwidth saving thing, if you dont use ti for a certain amount of time what happened was im a self employed construction worker and the guy who paid me didnt file his return before mine so there was no record of any tax paid for me so i got a letter out like 5 days after this explaining all that and it was resolved on march 12th so im back to pending now and tomorrow will be 10 working days since it was resolved so fingers crossed my repayment will be sent out soon
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2024 16:35:18 GMT by LKC88
I submitted mine on the 17th of March, am due a repayment and since the 21st March it just says bank repayment pending. My first self assessment and I haven't a clue what this means now timescale wise
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2024 15:13:13 GMT by LKC88
What exactly is the time scale on this? I submitted on the 17th March, the 21st it says bank repayment pending as I am due a repayment and now it just says bank repayment pending with no date
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 10:06:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi BF11TON,
You will need to contact HMRC to review:
Thank you. 
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 14:52:24 GMT by LKC88
Can I get a response HMRC as you have responded to others but not me
Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:41:48 GMT by steveng
@lkc88 my timeline went like so, i submitted on jan 20th, it was pending from early feb, it all disappeared on feb 12th, sorted out march 12th, back to pending and on march 28th it changed to issuing april 1st, didnt expect payment on 1st as it was easter monday, payment was received april 3rd i have a theory that they are only paying out in april as when the guy who paid me and me talked about it his agent said he woudl be getting paid april 5th ish, this was in the middle of feb he said this so idk, just a theory
Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 11:27:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi LKC88,

If the repayment has not yet been issued then you will need to contact HMRC to review.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.