Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 18 Jun 2022 14:11:24 GMT by frobo
Hello, I am in full-time employment and pay tax/NI, but I also sell on Etsy as a hobby on the side. My gross income from Etsy in the last tax year was over £1000 so I need to complete a Self Assessment tax return. On the website there are two options for registering for Self Assessment: (1) if you're self-employed; or (2) if you're not self-employed. I'm confused about which option I should pick? Should I register as self-employed even though my main full-time job is not self-employment? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 20 Jun 2022 08:51:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 17
You can be Self-Employed as well as Employed, it does not need to be full-time.

Please see :

Working for yourself    .

Thank you.


You must be signed in to post in this forum.