Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 28 Oct 2022 12:19:13 GMT by kwok wai hui
Hi ! I came from HK and immigrated to UK on August 30, 2021. - I have employment in HK until August 15, 2021. Do i need to report income get in HK before August 15, 2021, i.e. before my arrival to UK ? This income is already taxed by HK government and I already cleared my HK tax. - do i need to report interest income from my bank accounts before my arrival in UK ? - I also sold my house in HK and have a property gained before arrival in UK. Do I need to report such gain ?
Posted Wed, 02 Nov 2022 10:52:36 GMT by
Hi kwok wai hui,

You will need to review the residency guidance at:

Residence, domicile and the remittance basis: RDR1

Please take the residency tests to determine whether you need to declare your HK income in 21/22 tax year.  

If you are deemed resident for the whole tax year, you will need to declare your HK income and tax deducted on a Self Assessment tax return.

If you can claim split year treatment, this is also done by completing a Self  Assessment tax return.  

You will be able to register for Self Assessment at:

Register for Self Assessment

Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.