Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 16:15:46 GMT by Dannyjax79
Has anyone resolved a problem where you can not sign into your self assessment even though all your details are correct. Even when you try to do a password reset all you get is that you can not reset your password online.
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:32:02 GMT by mj diamand
I'm having the same problem. I may have made a mistake with my password - but when I try to reset the password I just get the message 'you cannot reset your password online'. Waited half an hour on the hmrc phoneline then the line was cut off!
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:36:10 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Dannyjax79,
There is no one reason why a customer would be unable to reset their password online.
There is no known issue for self-assessment customers being unable to login or reset password online.
HMRC online services: sign in or set up an account
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:38:53 GMT by Dannyjax79
Well there obviously is an issue with not being able to reset your password online. I have seen numerous people on the forum with the same problem. I have contacted HMRC online services and they are no help at all. All they say is someone will contact me and nobody does. There must be some solution for this problem
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:35:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi mj diamand,
We are sorry if you are having issues resetting your password.
If your unable to self serve online then you will need to contact our online helpdesk:
Technical support with HMRC online services.
There is the option to webchat if you click on the link ask HMRC online. 
Thank you, 
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:47:12 GMT by Dannyjax79
Technical support can not help, I went through the whole process of logging in and doing a password reset. Screen shotted ever step to show them the issue and they replied with they could not help and to contact online services helpdesk. All you are both doing is sending us back and forth with no solution. You’re not even acknowledging there is an issue. It’s embarrassing for the HMRC to not to be able to do anything
Posted Wed, 01 May 2024 07:52:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Dannyjax79,
We are sorry if you are having issues resetting your password.
If unable to self serve then it would be the online helpdesk that can assist you:
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 
Posted Fri, 03 May 2024 09:01:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Dannyjax79,
We are that you are having issues resetting your password.
If unable to amend online, then it would be the online helpdesk that would assist with this issue.
Technical support with HMRC online services
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.