Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 12 Jan 2023 17:05:17 GMT by kevinkeane
Hi I am seeking help, I made a Self-assessment payment on account for Y/E 2022 but used the WRONG payment reference number. I have tried phoning HMRC without success! I have written letters with recorded delivery explaining the situation to the Accounts Office in Cumbernauld and also to the Self Assessment centre. I am concerned that at the moment the money paid is in the system but not credited to my payment reference number. Any advice would be gratefully received! Thank you.
Posted Tue, 17 Jan 2023 14:25:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

We review letters in date order. If you want to review this now you would need to contact our Self Assessment team again to advise of the full payment details including the reference you made the payment with. We would then refer this to our processing office to allocate the payment correctly.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.