Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 17 Jun 2022 13:14:44 GMT by Yolina Lau
Hi, I would like to know I have only income from foreign dividends (Life insurance) and less than GBP12500, so do I need to fill in the tax return? If yes, is fill in foreign income or dividends? this is a different parts. (I online fill in the tax return). Thank you so much for your help.
Posted Fri, 17 Jun 2022 15:22:59 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Yolina Lau,

If your only foreign income was untaxed foreign interest up to £2,000 and or foreign dividends up to £2,000, you can put these amounts in box 3
and box 5 on page TR 3 of your tax return instead of completing the ‘Foreign page.

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 23 Jun 2022 13:48:20 GMT by Yolina Lau
Thank you for your reply. But the foreign dividends is more than GBP2,000, amount is about GBP9,5000. So I saw the information is : If your only foreign income was taxed dividends up to £2,000 you can enter your foreign dividends in this field (rather than in the Foreign section). Enter the sterling equivalent of the dividend. If your total dividend income (including UK and foreign dividends) is over £2,000 and you want to claim Foreign Tax Credit Relief, do not include the foreign dividend in this box. Complete the 'Foreign' section instead.". So, I need to complete the "Foreign" section?
Posted Fri, 24 Jun 2022 16:48:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 20
Hi Yolina Lau,

Yes in that case you would complete the Foreign section and declare the total dividend income and also if tax was paid abroad you can state the amount of tax paid under Foreign Tax Credit Relief.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.