Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 28 Sep 2023 17:10:09 GMT by
Hi all have a question. so I did my vat return and it stated i was owed x amount noticed its complete then it says Repayment complete 26 Sep 2023 We sent a payment of £0.00 to your repayment to tour bank account has any one eles had this issue is it a systerm glitch were showing 0.00
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 14:30:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi cockers
Please contact our Helpline on 03002003700 so that we can trace the progress of your repayment.
Thank you. 

Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 09:46:45 GMT by BTHS
Hi, I am also having the same issue with this Qtrs repayment. It states in the account we will be refunded but the amount shows as £0.00 has been paid into your bank. I have tried calling today and using webchat but am getting nowhere. Is there a glitch in the system?
Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 10:07:31 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response
Hi,

Please contact the Helpline on 03002003700 so that we can open up your account and see what the position is in regards to the repayment.

It's not unusual to see a repayment on the account for £0.00 while the repayment is being processed but this should
change to the true repayment amount once we release the repayment  .

Thank you. 

Posted Tue, 14 Nov 2023 11:13:34 GMT by BTHS
Hi HMRC Admin 17, Thank you for your reply. Payment is due to land within the next few days according to our nline VAT account. I will just keep my eye on it.
Posted Tue, 06 Aug 2024 15:31:34 GMT by Give Us A Twirl
I have now been waiting for 4 weeks for HMRC to contact me regarding the VAT repayment, which is the first one set up under the VAT registration. I have spoken to three different people on the call centre and not one has managed to tell me why the VAT repayment hasn't been made and when it is going to be looked at. Complaints have been made and nobody ever calls back with any reason as to what is outstanding and when the repayment is going to be processed. who can I speak to that is a manager that can track down who is the person or department supposed to be looking at the repayment? I need answers and need to stop being fobbed off as the service from HMRC's VAT team is appalling.
Posted Fri, 09 Aug 2024 06:42:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi 
Apologies for the delay in making the VAT repayment to you.
The repayments can sometimes takes up to 30 days to be processed. especially if we need to make contact with you to support the claim.
When calling the helpline we would then contact the department looking into the claim to pass on any information which you provide to us on the call.
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 12:53:12 GMT by Annoyed business owner business owner
I submitted our return 10th July, tracker says sent for further checks 11th July, expected payment date 9th August, still nothing....Speak to online chat and all they can say is they will be in touch if they need further information, but nothing, no letter no email, no phone call. There is also no phone number that you can ring to chase up yourself, they just give you the general enquiry number and tell you the same information. This is really bad service for small businesses who rely on there VAT refunds
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 13:32:28 GMT by Give Us A Twirl
HMRCADMIN 25 - I suggest that you refer these issues to the complaints department as the replies are not of much help when HMRC are constantly making errors resulting in delays as my case was only resolved after I insisted on making a complaint as HMRC had exceeded the 30 days. Once the complaint was made, 2 days later I got a reply from somebody who knew what they were doing and could see HMRC had coded my request imcorrectly causing the delay. Thankfully, she knew what she was doing and resolved the issue in 24 hours

You must be signed in to post in this forum.