Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:29:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi Dan Maris,
The current timescale for processing online U1 applications is 1 week.
The team who process these are currently working on applications received on 22 January 2024.
Thank you.

Posted Tue, 30 Jan 2024 11:38:06 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi Carlotta,

If you applied for a U1 online then you should have received it by now.  If you’ve not yet received it then please contact our National Insurance team and they will be able to send you a copy.

National Insurance: general enquiries

Thank You.
Posted Thu, 01 Feb 2024 23:41:41 GMT by
Good Morning, I intend to apply for a state pension in Bulgaria. I need to prove I've worked in UK the last 18 years and paid NI contributions. Do I need to apply for U1 form or it is only for claiming unemployment benefit? Please advise. Thank you
Posted Fri, 16 Feb 2024 09:42:39 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi nnick22 Ivanov,
The U1 certificate is only required if you are claiming unemployment benefit abroad.
From the information you have provided, you will require a statement of National Insurance contributions.
You can apply for this by completing form CA3916 which can be found here - Get a National Insurance contributions statement if you live abroad - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
This application form is also used for people who are applying for U1 certificates, therefore please make sure you tick the box to say that you are not applying for a statement of National Insurance contributions to claim unemployment benefit abroad.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:52:09 GMT by
Hello, I applied online for U1 and as it shows is completed. BUT I have noticed that my address was changed and there was a huge mistake- instead of my street name there was someones name and phone number! Immediately I changed for my right address. My question is.... was my U1 form already sent? if so I will never received it! Can anyone check it?
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 08:46:45 GMT by Carlotta Zambon
Hi, I requested an U1 form back in December. On my profile said that it's been completed. Two weeks ago I called for updates about it, and they confirmed it will be delivered in the first week of March. I still did not receive. Should I wait longer and hopefully will be delivered soon? I urgently need this document. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2024 16:09:34 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi philas,
Unfortunately, without checking your personal records, I am unable to confirm if your U1 application has been received, or if it has the correct information shown.
Please contact the National Insurance helpline on +44 (0) 191 203 7010. lines are open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Thank you.

Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2024 20:21:53 GMT by
What is the current timescale for procesing online U1 application currently I will request the next april.Is it better to wait in England until get it in my English address or give my Spanish address and wait for the U1 in Spain. Thank you
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2024 17:33:50 GMT by Alessandro Magliano
Hello I applied for U1 ionline form on 24-10-2023, it shows as COMPLETED but did not arrive yet to my address. I really need this to claim my benefits in my country. It is been almost 6 months. Reference number : HAL-C277-BOP Please if anyone can help to see what happened with it please since I ve trying to call from Spain but call always goes down and its very expensive. thanks
Posted Fri, 29 Mar 2024 18:20:39 GMT by keilly1403
Hello! I submited my U1 online form on 27-10-2023 , Status is "Completed" but did not arrive yet to my address! I really need to know what is going on since I need to claim my benefits abroad. Reference number: WAR-12AY-OQT Please if you can let me know when will arrive or what do i have to do... Its been +5 months already! thanks
Posted Sat, 06 Apr 2024 11:06:42 GMT by invj2
Hello! I applied for my U1 online on 05/02/2024, the status is "Completed" but it has not arrived yet at my address in Spain. How long will it take? What date is being processed right now? Thank you

[Reference removed - Admin]
Posted Mon, 08 Apr 2024 14:06:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 5 Response
Hi Carlotta Zambon

I am unable to comment on the process of your application without further information.  You will need to contact the National Insurance helpline at HMRC they will be able to assist you further

Thanks

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 10:55:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi rfuentes88 fuentes,
The current timescale for processing an online U1 application is 1 week. You can only apply after you have already left the UK, or if you are within 2 weeks of your leaving date. Your Spanish address will be required for the certificate to be issued. 
Thank you.

Posted Tue, 09 Apr 2024 18:36:51 GMT by Jonathan
I now live in Belgium. The authorities here want me to prove 25 years continuous employment and recommend a form U1 for this. For me, about half of this is in the UK. Thanks to this forum, I have successfully obtained a form U1 from HMRC but it only covers 3 years and I need 12-13 years. There is a note at the end of the form U1 which says; "The period(s) recorded in box 2 of this document are provided in accordance with the reference periods shown in this Note for the member state concerned. The reference periods are: .... Three years - if it is to be presented to a Belgian, ... institution. ... In some cases the Belgian institution requests information on the complete insurance periods." Three years is not sufficient for my case, I have been asked for the last 25 years. How can I apply for a form U1 with information on the complete insurance period as in the last sentence I quote above?
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2024 18:52:52 GMT by Yuliyan
Hello, I have requested U1 online 4 times now, but no response, please check the last request with reference number: , I urgently need this unemployment benefit document, I also read that on the question there is about unemployment in the application, I'm not 100% sure that I wrote YES, please look at that too. Please help. Thank you

[Personal Information removed - HMRC Admin]
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2024 11:14:53 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi Alessandro Magliano,
We are unable to check your personal records on this forum.
If you are struggling to speak to an advisor on the National Insurance helpline, I would advise you to complete another application. 
You can apply online or by post by completing a CA3916 application which can be found here:-  Get a PDU1 certificate or a National Insurance contributions statement Please apply using the online version for a quicker response.
Thank you.

Posted Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:29:51 GMT by Gian Marco
Hello, I just terminated my UK job after 5 years, I currently have a pre-settle status. If I apply for the PDU1 certificate do I lose my pre-settle state and the ability to live/have a job in the UK? Thanks
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 07:27:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 19 Response
Hi,

Sorry, we can only answer HMRC questions on this forum.

Thank you.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2024 09:00:57 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi invj2,
Thank you for your enquiry.
The current timescale for an online U1 application is 1 week.
The department who process these applications are currently working on applications received on 03/04/2024. If your online status shows ‘completed’, this would indicate that your application has been processed. It usually takes up to 4 weeks for this to arrive in the post.  However, without checking your personal records, I am unable to confirm if and when your U1 was issued. You can check this by speaking to an advisor on the National Insurance helpline.
The number to call is 0300 200 3500, or +44 (0) 191 203 7010 if calling from abroad.
Lines are open Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm.
Alternatively, you can use the webchat facility, which can be found here - National Insurance: general enquiries - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) Please choose the option ‘Ask HMRC online’.
This facility is available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 6pm.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 15:25:09 GMT by HMRC Admin 20 Response
Hi keilly1403,
We are unable to check personal records on this forum.
Please speak to an advisor on our helpline to check if your application has been processed, the number to call is 0300 200 3500, or +44 (0) 191 203 7010 if you are calling from abroad. Lines are open Monday to Friday, from 8am to 6pm. Alternatively, you can use the webchat facility which can be found here - National Insurance: general enquiries.
Please choose the option ‘Ask HMRC online’. This facility is available Monday to Friday, from 8am to 6pm.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.