Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 07 Oct 2021 10:11:11 GMT by Neil 5
I do contract work for an employer – HMRC treats this as employed work so I am taxed PAYE and declare this in the employment section of my self assessment form. Although much of this work is already done at home, when I would normally be required to attend meetings at their offices I have instead, due to covid, had to attend the meetings online from home. So am I ok to claim the years WFH tax relief of £6x52 = £312 even though I am not a permanent employee? I also do self employed work. If I am also working from home say 25-50 hours per month am I ok to claim both the £10 flat rate per month for self employment and the £312 as an employee?
Posted Mon, 11 Oct 2021 11:02:11 GMT by HMRC Admin 9

You can claim both.

The £312 would be correct for the PAYE side.

Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.