Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 24 Jun 2022 17:45:38 GMT by Carly Whitworth
I submitted a claim through my online account for business mileage expenses on the 23/02/22 for tax year 21/22. I have checked my online account regularly and it still states that the claim has been received on the 23/02/22, it has not updated regarding if my claim has been processed. I have managed to speak to a customer service advisor today (24/06/22) and was advised that it would need to be referred as my claim had not been picked up or processed for some reason unknown to the advisor. I asked that it be put through as urgent due to the timescale I have been waiting which far exceeds the 35 day wait time that HMRC state. I am therefore asking on this forum that this be dealt with as an urgent matter. I would like to know why this has taken so long to sort out as my previous year's claim did not take as long as this and would ultimately like to know when I will receive my mileage claim refund. Please be aware that I am currently not working due to a diagnosis of cancer and therefore am in great need of this refund, which I am entitled to. I did state this to a previous customer service agent I spoke with two months ago and yet this issue was still not resolved.
Posted Mon, 27 Jun 2022 11:40:15 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
The claims are processed in date order, and if it has passed our expected timescale then we would refer this on to be reviewed.
We are unable to escalate from this forum as we do not access your record from this forum.
Thankyou.
Regards.
Posted Fri, 22 Jul 2022 12:23:42 GMT by Rajesh Mehta
Hi I have the same concern. I successfully submitted my mileage claim on 3rd April, it has seen been processed and completed, yet I have never had the claim amount £ sent to me, neither have I had any correspondence to keep me updated or informed. Yet the online progress says complete. I have tried 4 times to speak to someone to no avail, as the waiting time on hold exceeded 30 mins plus more every time. Please advise as to my next course of action. Many Thanks, much appreciated.
Posted Mon, 25 Jul 2022 14:14:29 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

Our helplines are busy at the moment, and you may need to wait longer.

You will need to keep trying to get through to our Income Tax department who can confirm any action taken on the claim.

See link:

Income Tax: general enquiries    .

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.